33 | DON'T MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY

Khalia couldn't explain how she knew that Hayley entered the Compound, she just knew. There was this tugging, something inside of her telling her that the pregnant werewolf had arrived. She ordered drink after drink - compelled the bartender after a while to just keep it coming - and downed it just as fast, trying to ignoring the aching need inside her to turn in Hayley's direction and see her.

The female Mikaelson was so caught up in her thoughts, that she didn't even notice the tan woman walking up to her, "Can I buy you a drink, sweetheart?"

Those words she did notice. And the use of that particular nickname made Khalia tense. She turned in the direction that the voice came from, a dark and deadly glare on her face. "Call me sweetheart again and I'll break your neck."

"Alright, it was just a friendly offer, no need to be hostile." The tan and beautiful woman - Khalia had a pair of fully functioning eyes - held her hands up, eyes sparkling with mirth as she let out a low chuckle.

Khalia shrugged unapologetically, "My middle name is Demon. Hositility comes with the package." Then she knocked back another drink.

"You're Khalia Mikaelson." The woman snapped in realisation.

"What gave it away?" Khalia snarked, shooting the woman a sarcastic smile.

"The fact that the you're the only one they call the Demon Mikaelson." The human woman smirked.

Khalia raised her eyebrows, "You have no consept of sarcasm, do you?"

The woman just gave her a smile that Khalia supposed was meant to be either flirty or seductive and while it would have worked in the past, she wasn't interested as long as a certain werewolf was in the same city as her, the fact that that werewolf girl was only a few feet away made the woman's chances even less than zero. She stuck out a hand to Khalia, "I'm Francesca Correa, by the way."

"I don't care." Khalia responded bluntly with a blank look, making no effort to so much as look at the extended hand, picking up the freshly poured drink and downing it.

"Would you like to dance?" Francesca asked after a few seconds of stunned silence, awkwardly taking back her hand.

"No." Khalia answered bluntly once more.

Not on to be deterred, Francesca made another suggestion, "Would you like a drink?"

"I have a whole bar at my disposal." Khalia gave her a cold smirk, gesturing to the bar where the human was pouring drinks for the supernatural party.

"Then what do you want?" Francesca asked, stepping closer and placing a hand on the vampire's forearm. Khalia could have sworn she heard a growl coming from the direction where Hayley was standing but she wrote it off to having drunk to much.

Khalia ripped her arm away from the woman, glare darker than its ever been, "I want you to take a hint, fuck off and never touch me again."

***

Sierra and Jackson, who had been listening into the conversation with Hayley, snorted laughs of amusement at Khalia's harsh words and the look on the human woman's face. Hayley, who didn't think it was funny in the least bit, glared at the human woman so harshly that the two werewolves by her side was worried the woman was going to combust.