16 | REBEKAH'S BETRAYAL

Hayley Marshall knows what it feels like to be alone. To be the only one fighting for yourself. Right now she is with Elijah in the Bayou, and yet she feels alone. Yesterday she found out what her birth name is, after spending all of her teenage years looking for her family. The werewolf is supposed to think about Elijah and how to try and make him comfortable, but all she can think about is Khalia. About how much she wants to tell her that she thinks her real name is Andrea Labonair. About how sorry she is for doubting Klaus. About how much she misses her.

The cold, hard look in the female vampire’s eyes flashed in front of her eyes once again and she opened her eyes as fast as she closed them. It’s all she’s able to see every time she rests her eyes for even a second. Somehow, Hayley feels as if she betrayed Khalia by siding with Elijah. The way they left things, it’s haunting her. She even imagined that she saw Khalia in the trees earlier when she went out for some air. Coughs from Elijah brings her out of her thoughts and she rushes to his side. The pregnant girl is immediately transported into a memory in the dark haired Originals’ mind.

“Come on, Elijah, it will be fun.” Khalia tried with a teasing smile, her arm was slung around Kol’s shoulders and his arm wrapped around his twin sisters’ waist. They were the image of mischief. Their playful eyes and their teasing smiles, matching each other’s perfectly.

“No.” The noble Original refused sharply – these two are out of their minds alone, but together, he fears for the entire Crescent City. Now they want to go out on a hunting game, every person that comes up to them and asks to buy a drink – be it man or woman – they will kill and the ones who stay away will be left alive.

The twins’ rolled their eyes in unison, “Fine, be a bore, brother. But we are going out and we are going to have some fun.” Kol declared and the two turned to skip out of the room as if they were toddlers instead of eight-hundred year old vampires who are about to kill a lot of people. He shook his head in exaggeration as he listened in on their conversation. They were plotting on how to best irritate Klaus once they got home – something along the lines of putting dead octopuses in his bed.

He often thought of the two of insane, but people much rather referred to them as the Mikaelson Terror Twins. And as individuals, they were referred to as the Craziest Mikaelson – Kol – and the Wildest Mikaelson – Khalia – respectively. Yes, he thought to himself as he visually saw the bodies they would drain tonight, Terror Twins indeed.

Coming out of the memory, Hayley looked extremely stunned as she saw a different Khalia in the memory than the one she knows. “She’s so different.” The werewolf blurted. It was true. The Khalia she now knows has no mischief in her eyes and they aren’t a warm brown color, instead they are like holes of darkness and evil. And the playful smile that was practically glued to her face is gone as she rarely smiles these days.

“Yes,” The eldest Mikaelson panted, sorrow for his sister in his tired eyes shining brightly. “When Kol died, so did a part of Khalia.” They were both quite for a while. “She cares for you, a lot more than she would like to admit to herself.” Hayley was startled by his words.

“She doesn’t, she might even hate me right now.” The werewolf said with a shaky voice, even as she prayed that she is wrong. She could take a lot, but not Khalia Mikaelson hating her. Not since Tyler brought up the fact that she is in love with the female Mikaelson, even before that if she’s being honest with herself.“She walked away, remember?”