c h a p t e r 11.

Guanlin~

I asked someone in the office for their phone, and I then tried to call Bella.

"What did you say to Seohee?" I asked her, once we got in contact.

"I haven't talked to her at all today? What's wrong?" Bella said to me over the phone.

"She answered my phone earlier. What did you tell her?"

"I didn't know it was her... I said that I was gonna go to the hospital to get my pregnancy test results- I thought it was you who picked up."

"Fuck... no one was supposed to know about that."

"What do we do now?" She whispered.

"I'll go talk to her."

___________________

Seohee~

I wanted to call my brothers and tell them that I want to go home- but what would they say to me? "You wimp. Do you think you're the only one who's having a hard time?". I honestly cannot tell them about this- or that I worked for Guanlin.

But also, what else would I do here? I'm about to quit my job, which means I have no more rights to stay in this penthouse.

But I don't have a choice.

I dialed Daehwi's number, and he picked up on the first ring.

"What's up Seohee?" He asked me in a happy tone.

"I'm going back home... I can't stay here any longer." I mumbled.

"Are you okay? Tell me first- what's going on?"

"I didn't tell you and Seonho about this... but Guanlin is my boss. I just can't work for him anymore... I wish I never saw him again." I started crying, because I just couldn't help keeping it in any longer.

"Don't cry! Why? Did he hurt you- oh my gosh, don't tell me he..."

"He didn't touch me. It's more of, verbally..."

"No, Seohee! You're not leaving LA. Make your letter of resignation, I'm going to be there in two days."

"What?"

"I'm going to give that asshole a taste of his own medicine. I'll book my flight right now."

_________________

Guanlin~

"Mia! Open the door." I knocked on the door to her room really loudly, but she just wouldn't open it.

I went downstairs to ask for an extra pair of keys to her room, and they did give to me.

"Stop being such a brat-"

I suddenly stopped halfway, and saw her crying at the edge of her bed- on the ground.

My heart broke into pieces after seeing her like that again- why do I always end up hurting her...

"Seohee..." I went up to her, and kneeled down.

She wouldn't look up, and there's a big brown envelope right beside her. I took it, and read the letter inside.

It's a letter of resignation.

"I'm not letting this happen; you're not leaving my company."

"So that you can yell at me more? Accuse me? Hurt me? Then what's next Guanlin? It's not even about the phone anymore- it's about how you treat me." She finally looked at me.

"I'm so sorry."

"My decision is final. I don't want to work for you anymore... I don't even want to see you."

"Seohee-"

"I know that I haven't even been working for you, for that long- but like what you said before, my heart is tired... and these few days have been feeling like several years to me."

____________________

I got my braces tightened yesterday and now my teeth hurts like crazy ashqsnwh

Song: Breathe (한숨) by Lee Hi (이하이) Prod/Lyrics written by Jonghyun (종현)