c h a p t e r 41.

Guanlin~

We went on a short trip to New York for a conference, then went to Las Vegas for another one, then finally back to LA.

It has been so tiring and stressful, but I overcame it all because Seohee was by my side the whole time.

We've been together for the past two months now, and it's been going great. Yes, sometimes we do have some immature misunderstandings, but we always work together to fix it.

I feel bad for her, because I just want to tell everyone about us... but that's impossible right now. Bella currently just found out her and Seongwoo's baby's gender- it's a boy.

They're very happy about it, and have already bought almost everything the baby would need. The only thing left for them to do, is to come out.

Everything was going so well...

Ring*

"Guanlin... look online." Yiju's voice started shaking at the other end of the phone.

I quickly hanged up, and looked.

Shit.

Global News: CLV's current CEO cheating on his pregnant fiancée?

Just last Saturday night at a beauty conference in Las Vegas, Nevada- C'est La Vie's (CLV) new and current CEO, Edward Lai was seen flirting with his assistant at the parking lot of Four Seasons Hotel. People are furious about the news, since Lai already has a fiancée, Bella Su who also comes from a wealthy business family and is even expecting a child. The media has yet talked to Lai or Su about the news.

CLV's dedicated buyers are now cancelling their CLV x Innisfree orders, after they found out about the scandal.

Further information will be added.

"What the hell-"

"Guanlin, did you see this?" Seohee barged into my office with a phone in her hand.

"I just saw it. Don't worry, I'll fix it."

"Let's just break up- I'm scared. I don't want you to lose the company... because of me, people are canceling orders." She cried.

"Listen," I hugged her. "I'm not breaking up with you. We'll get through this together, I'll talk to Bella and we'll tell everyone the truth. Seohee, it's going to be fine."

"It's all my fault..."

"It's not. People don't know the real story behind this, so of course they will judge. We'll overcome this too."

_____________________

Seohee~

Woojin

Are you okay?

I heard about the news

I'm scared, Woojin

What if everyone loses their job
because of me?

That won't happen

Ik Edward would do anything to
fix this

I just feel so guilty

You shouldn't

Stay strong, Seohee

I went down to the cafeteria of the building, to get a lunch. I suddenly got dirty looks from almost everyone there.

After ordering, I sat down at an empty table. I tried eating, but I couldn't.

"What a slut. She already knows that Mr. Lai is engaged, and then she suddenly had the guts to interfere with their relationship? She's much worse than I thought." Whispered two girls who were sitting right behind me. I totally can't hear what they say...

"I know right! Didn't she date Woojin before? He probably left because of her- and they probably broke up because he found out how much of a whore she is." The other girl laughed.

"Hey, you two. Stop talking shit about me, literally behind my back." I called them out.

"Look who's talking," The girl stood up and so did I. "Isn't it true? You're a slut, just admit it."

"Then what does that make you? You don't know the real story, so don't say anything."

"Well, what's the real deal? Money? Is he your sugar daddy?" She laughed. "Well, you do look like the type who would sell your body-"

I suddenly slapped her, because I couldn't handle my anger anymore. She went too far.

"I'm not that type of person. You better watch what you're saying- you're gonna regret it. I love him, and he loves me. That's why we're together."

"In your dreams-"

"She's right, I do love her. Now stop treating her that way, if you don't want to get fired." Guanlin came up and put his arm around my shoulders.

______________________

K SOME PPL SENT ME DM'S SAYING THAT THE LAST CHAPTER WAS INAPPROPRIATE AND SUCH. FIRST OF ALL, I DIDN'T EVEN WRITE ANYTHING DIRTY- IT WAS SO LOWKEY. SECOND, THIS IS FICTION AND GUANLIN AND SEOHEE ARE LIKE 25-26 IN THIS BOOK ANYWAYS SOOOOO

Song: Just Go by iKON (아이콘)