c h a p t e r 17.

Seohee~

"Why should we collaborate with your company?" The CEO of Innisfree asked Guanlin.

"Innisfree should collaborate with C'est La Vie for many reasons. First of all, the percentage of sales could possibly go up- people nowadays love new items and collaborations. We can also hire a popular boy or girl group, since we do have some budget. It will grab a lot of public attention, and can actually boost up both companies reputation."

"How about the franchises in other areas of the world? Will they actually be interested in Korean boy or girl groups? How will this catch their attention?"

"Well- um..."

"I'm not quite convinced." The CEO stood up, and was about to leave the room. I took a glance at Guanlin, and he looks so broken.

"Sir! I will answer your question." I yelled and bowed right after, because I felt bad for raising my voice.

"Seohee..." Guanlin mumbled, but I shushed him right after.

He sat back down, and told me that I only have five minutes to talk.

I swallowed the lump forming inside my throat, and stood up in the most perfect posture I've ever done before.

"I think that we can possibly make like a theme song. It will catch any person's attention, since music is universal. I actually think that having a boy or a girl group endorse both companies is a great idea- since Innisfree is a Korean brand anyways. Plus, Kpop is actually starting to become popular nowadays, not just in Asian countries, but also abroad. Maybe some people won't like it, but many will. I heard that there are no problems, financially- so I don't think that there could possibly be a problem here at all?"

"Theme song? What else?"

"We can also do like a mini-makeup gallery, you know? One in Seoul, and one in LA. It doesn't have to be there for long, maybe just a week or so- and we can display the new products that way. The media will love it, and many makeup addicts would go visit, which can draw other people to go look too."

"I actually think that that's a great idea." Says one of the other guys in the room.

"What's your name again?" The CEO asked me.

"Seohee. My name is Yoo Seohee."

"Alright, I will accept your offer. We will progress this all next month- I myself will go to LA," He stood up, and gave Guanlin and I a handshake. "Thank your assistant- if it wasn't for her, I would have already walked out that door." He laughed.

"You won't regret it! Thank you so much." Guanlin smiled so widely.

Once we got out of the building, Guanlin started happily jumping up and down, while singing to some happy songs.

"Thank you so much; I couldn't have done it without you." He suddenly hugged me out of nowhere.

"No problem. I wanted to help- to be relevant for once." I giggled.

"Look at me," I looked straight into his eyes, and I suddenly felt flustered. "You've worked hard, and you're always relevant, okay? You've done so much for me, and I really do appreciate that."

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that from you." I almost started crying, but I suddenly felt something press onto my lips.

It was his. Against mine.

I was kissing Guanlin, and it felt so wrong.

But it also felt so right.

____________________

Seohee~

Once we got home, we told the couple about the news from Innisfree, and they were so happy for us. We happily ate dinner, and asked Byul questions about school and what she feels about her soon-to-be-born baby brother.

"What do you want the name to be?" Jinyoung asked his child.

"Pororo!" She screamed, and we all laughed.

"Yeah, I don't think so." Pinky said, and Byul pouted.

"What are you two actually planning to name him?" Guanlin asked.

"Bae Jihyun." They both said at the same time.

"Bae Chaebyul and Bae Jihyun- you two always pick such good names!" I looked down at my food, kind of envying them.

"Yeah, it's really cute." Guanlin agreed with me.

"What do you plan on naming your child?" Jinyoung asked him.

That's when I suddenly felt guilty... we kissed earlier- but he already has a fiancée and almost a child...

I need to just stop.

___________________

Guanlin~

After Jinyoung asked me that question at dinner earlier... I suddenly felt guilty for kissing Seohee.

Why did I even do that? What was I thinking? That there, wasn't me.

I need to tell her that I didn't mean it.

"Seohee..." I whispered, and she turned to face me. It's currently eleven at night, and we're about to go to sleep.

"Yes?" She tilted her head, and smiled at me.

"About that kiss earlier... just forget it. I didn't mean to do that."

Her smile suddenly faded away, and she took a deep breath.

"I should have seen that coming... isn't that what you said to me before, when you kissed me for the very first time?" She said before turning her back against me again.

"I'm sorry..."

"Let's forget about the past. Now, you're just my boss- I'm your assistant. You're right; us never happened."

____________________

I CAN ALREADY FEEL SO MANY PEOPLE HATING GUANLIN'S CHARACTER IN THIS CHAPTER LMAOOO

+ I'll post two chapters today (another one after this) because someone requested and I feel nice today lmAO

Song: Perhaps Love (사랑인가요) by Eric Nam (에릭남) and CHEEZE (치즈)