c h a p t e r 13.

Seohee~

Rise and shine.

I woke up happily, as today's my first day back at work.

I did my usual routine, I fixed my bed, took a morning shower, get ready, eat breakfast- ah, it hasn't been long since I left the company, but I already missed doing all this.

Knock*

"You ready?" Guanlin asked, as I opened the door.

"Huh?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Let's just go there together. I don't want you to go through all that trouble of taking the bus anymore."

Did he literally just offer me a ride with him? He's actually concerned now and cares about my feelings?

This is honestly too good to be true.

We got inside the car, and he turned the ignition on. I looked to the side, and saw a family with two little kids, a mother and a father.

"What happened to the results?" I accidentally asked out of nowhere.

"Oh, um..." He started nervously tapping on the steering wheel.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ask." I felt awkward and embarrassed after I said that.

"No, it's fine! We went to the hospital, and she is pregnant. The baby's healthy." He smiled.

"You're going to be a father!" I giggled. I can't believe it- the time has finally come. I told myself before that when I see him again, he'd probably have a family by then. I wasn't wrong.

"Yeah... I'm nervous, but I'm also very excited." He laughed. Guanlin looks so happy- I guess talking about your wife and soon-to-be child, is a lot of fun. I really need to find a boyfriend soon.

"When we're not in the office, can we speak casually?" I asked him.

"Yeah, of course."

"Do you know anyone who you think would be good for me? I really want a boyfriend-"

He stepped on the break, and the car stopped in the middle of the road.

"You what?" He looked at me, with one of his eyebrows up.

"I'm not getting any younger." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why don't you just date Woojin?" He asked me, while he started to drive again.

"Woojin? I've never thought of him like that!" I hit his arm.

"Well, maybe you should start looking at him in a different way. I mean, look- he's right there. You don't even have to go through all the trouble of speaking English. Plus, he seems like a hardworking guy- very determined."

"You're right," I thought of Woojin, and now realized how cute he actually is. "But does he like me?"

"Ask him."

"I can't just do that! I'm not you... I'm just there. Plus, there's so many other pretty girls in the company, I can't compete with them."

"What are you talking about? I think you're beautiful."

Well, then.

"Oh... ahaha." I forcefully laughed. My cheeks started to really burn up.

"I'm just kidding." He chuckled. Wow, since when did he start making jokes?

"Pfft."

_____________________

Seohee~

"You're back?" Woojin asked me, as he stood behind me in the line up. I'm going to buy a lunch here in our cafeteria.

"Yup. I didn't go anywhere." I told him.

"Well, that's a relief" He looked at me. "Sit with me over there, after you get your food- let's talk."

After I got the food that I ordered, he got his too, and we sat by the far table in the corner.

"What happened? Why did you leave anyways? Well, I saw him shouting at you when you forgot about the files... but is there anything else?"

"I broke his phone, and he got really mad at me... I felt really angry, because he said some not very nice things to me."

"Then what convinced you to come back?"

"He told me that he'd treat me better..." I suddenly looked at Woojin. "You too."

"Huh?"

"I came back for you. You know, you're kinda the only person I get along with- not just in the company, but also in LA."

"Same here, I really missed you." He smiled but felt shy after that.

I awkwardly laughed, but he suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Wanna go out sometimes?" He looked me in the eyes, and swallowed the lump forming inside his throat.

"I would love to."

___________________

DID ANY OF YOU READ "OUTCAST" ON TWITTER YET CUZ ADBWHWB I FUCKING LOVE IT- LIKE ITS LEGIT THE TYPE OF STORIES I LIKE TO READ, AND ITS JUST SO WELL WRITTEN I RECOMMEND 100%

Song: How About Me ( 어때) by 406 Project (406 프로젝트)