Kai x reader. -Why? I'm lovely?-

So I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I have been swamped! Basketball (which you'll get oneshots about) and school just ugh.

Power: the ability to read minds.
Prompt: I hate you. Why? I'm lovely.
Key- f/d= favorite drink
Warning!- not really. Just some horrible pick up lines
-Y/N POV-
The fire ninja sighs once more in aggravation for his flirty attempts. Turns, and stomps off to find more horrible pick up lines. It's not that they are horrible I just can see them come. Literally. I have the ability to read minds. And no I'm not related to Neuro. Right before Kai would speak to me. I would take a long blink. He thought it was a nervous tick or something from his charming good looks. But, no. It's the way I read minds. I would see his thoughts. The pickup line dead center. And his crush on me, not close behind it. It's not that I didn't share the affection with the fire ninja but the fact that he tried so hard. If he could pull off something I couldn't see coming that'd be great. Really hard, but great. The entire team knows about my powers. Expect Kai. That's why I always finish his pick up lines.
Today's was:
"On a scale of 1 to 10, you're a 9 and-
I didn't let him finish. He thought he had come up with the best one in history. And he hadn't.
"And lemme guess? I'm the 1 you need?"
I finished. His eyebrows jolting up in disbelief.
"Uh? HOW?"
He shouted. I kept sipping f/d.
"How?"
He called out once again.
"Maybe I can read minds, Kai."
I joked smiling in the process.
I did the long blink right after the smile. He died on the inside. He loved my smile.
There was so many more which I finished all of them.
Like-
"Can I have a picture of you so I can show-
He would start.
And I would finish,
"Santa what I want for Christmas?"
That one made me the most confused because he is absolutely terrified by Santa.
"You look a lot like-
I mentally rolled my eyes so much with this boy.
"Your next girlfriend?"
His face of disbelief when I guessed every pickup line.
The next one I liked the best.
"Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in-"
I almost let him finish this one.
"In my eyes?"
He kicked the wall next to him.
"How?"
He yelled asking once again.
That last one was the most recent one.
The rest of the team just sat around and laughed.
"I hate you."
I once told him, in a joking manner of course.
"Why? I'm lovely."
"Sure you are."
The team thought it was hysterical if we kept this from him. We had already dropped so many hints that I was a mind reader but he never picked up on it. He brushed all hints off without a second glance. And that's why he's never figured it out. Nya was getting worried for her brother. After every failed attempt he would make that noise. The classic Kai grunt as I like to call it. (There is literally no clip on the internet of the for some odd reason. But you know what I'm talking about.)
He threw open the tiny front door and stormed on out. Nya got up and ran after him.
"I think it's time we tell him."
Cole said while lounging on the couch. I got up and put my cup in the sink.
"Agreed."
I said.
"I'm tired of hearing and completing the pickup lines. Why won't he just ask me out?"
This earned a laugh from all the ninja on the bounty.
"He thinks the classic Kai Smith charm isn't working, which it isn't since you can read his mind, he doesn't think you like him."
Jay added. Eyes never leaving the TV screen. Racking up a new high score in the process.
The little door flew open. Revealing the one and only
Kai Smith.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
His yelled.
Jay died off in his video game, Lloyd quit playing with him, Cole stopped messing with his notoriously shaggy hair, and Zane stopped washing my cup out to watch this.
"They thought it would be funny!"
I said gesturing to my friends.
I blinked slowly. None of them were pissed because of that, just nervous to see what was going to happen to me. I read Kai. He wasn't mad just, sad that I didn't tell him sooner.
"Kai, look I'm sorry, I should've told you sooner."
Then something unexpected happened. Thrown against the wall behind me.
"Gotcha."
And he kissed me.
Burning lips. Intense. Amazing.
Fingers running through the hair gel making his hair messy.
"You didn't see that coming."
The whole team laughed including me.
"No, I didn't. Way to go hothead."
Sensei Wu then walked in. Hitting Kai with his staff.
"Get off your girlfriend and go close the door you almost broke."
He said as he proceeded to the table to drink a cup of tea.
"Yes, Sensei."
He mumbled and shut the door.
The whole team engulfed with laughter again.