2 ~ Stop Flirting with my Sneakers

Zailey walked into her English Literature classroom, her teacher's eyes widening at the sight of her unusual punctuality... Or presence in general.

Mr. Presa took the opportunity to question her, "Miss Tsang, where have you been... It's been a little too long, hasn't it?"

She placed a half-eaten piece of chocolate on his table, "Peace offering."

"You know, normal students give their teachers apples."

"Oh, please, no one gives apples anymore... And plus, apples are my thing," she said before walking to the corner of the classroom and taking the seat farthest away from the board.

As she made herself comfortable and put her head down, another student entered the room. The student that caused all the rumble. A little more than six feet tall, head facing forward to expose his enchanting smile. His hair was a light shade of hazel, complimenting the green in his round, intricate eyes. He had a sharp, angled jaw which blended perfectly with his neck and adam's apple, tempting enough to take a bite out of.

He was muscular and toned, but not as to overwhelm the rest of his features. His T-shirt ruffled slightly as it reached his waist, though it still allowed those that dared to glimpse the outline of his abs. His proportion was balanced by his long and toned legs, the same legs the entire soccer and swim team had taken a picture of and hung in their lockers to serve as "inspiration." He walked in a gentle manner, gracefully effortless as his sculpted arms swung rainbows into a million girls' (and boys') dreams.

Mr. Presa noticed his presence and immediately greeted him, "Ah! Connor! There you are, we missed you. How was the business internship?"

"Long and boring... As expected. My mom's been nagging for a year now, so at least I got her off my back."

"I'm sure you did great!"

"Thanks... Sorry I didn't come sooner. I promised Mrs. Roberts she'd be the first one I visit once I get back."

"Oh! Right... That reminds me, I've bringing these worksheets to her next door. Would you be so kind as to take care of it for me?"

"Of course... I'll make sure to tell her you wish her well," Connor replied taking the stack of worksheets from the teacher's desk.

"Thank you, I'm glad someone around here cares about her well-being... It's important to make sure the rest of her days are as comfortable as possible, before she goes on maternity leave," Mr. Presa said.

Connor smiled warmly in agreement, somehow bringing a faint golden light in the room. Zailey looked up and frowned at the sudden change of lighting in the room, before plopping her head back down to continue her nap.

By the time he returned the classroom was already filled with daily chatter and "educational" banter. Every seat was taken besides the second to last farthest seat in the class, right next to an unidentifiable sleeping girl.

For the rest of the period, he looked over to check if she was still sleeping. Realizing that she wouldn't wake up anytime soon, he decided to make an extra copy of his notes. When the bell rang, he left his extra notes right next to her sleeping head and left for his second period.

Mr. Presa knocked on Zailey's table to wake her up, and once she lifted her head, she squinted her eyes trying to adjust to the brightness of the room.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Mr. Presa exclaimed sarcastically, "I've been asked to tell you that you've been summoned to the office. Go after second period."

Zailey scratched her head and took the summons slip from his hand. She carelessly stuck it in her back pocket, earning her Mr. Presa's confused stare. As she stood up to reach for her empty backpack, she noticed a stack of notes on her desk. On top of the stack was a sticky note that said: