24 ~ Caught in the Act

Happy Saturday, appleseeds! I feel like I haven't updated in so long, but it's actually only been a week! But don't worry! There is much, much more to come :)

A million images of painful memories ran through Zailey's head as Alexa stood in front of her.

"Alexa?"

"Zai, fancy seeing you here... I thought your voice sounded familiar. Weird I couldn't recognize it right away."

"Right... Now, if you'll excuse me."

"Wait up, what's the rush? We have a lot of catching up to do."

"No, we don't. I'm not in the mood to fight right now. Why are you here, anyway? You hate dancing."

"Yeah, but, I love Gavin. We all came to support him. Not you, because your dancing is freakish."

"We? There are more girls outside?!" Zailey exclaimed.

"You didn't think you could keep him to yourself, did you? Who do you think you are? He's just using you. Once this is all over, he'll drop you. Just like that brilliant decision I made a couple years ago."

"More like my brilliant decision to stay away from you."

"Don't talk down to me, I'm way too high for you to drag down," she gloated.

"Well, I won't argue with you when you say you're high," Zailey spat back. "But I'd stop talking if I were you, that breath is almost as repulsive as your fake ass attitude."

"Excuse me?!" she covered her mouth in vexation. "At least I don't have dumpster bins for a home."

Zailey rolled her eyes, "Yeah, because how can you live in trash if you already are one?"

Before she could get through, Alexa pulled her hair with all of her strength, "Ugh! Get the hell out of my life!"

"Sorry, Alexa. I don't think a bitch can survive without its master," she detangled herself from Alexa.

She pulled on her hair once again, "Funny, since any work you and your family will ever be suited for are my servants."

Zailey elbowed her in the stomach, causing her to fall to the ground.

"Ugh! I'm gonna! I'm gonna..."

Zailey leaned down and smirked, "Sue me."

"You don't think I will?!"

"Oh, of course you will. Isn't that what you and your family are suited for? Paying to cover up the horrid scent of your crimes?" She said before pulling the door handle and storming out.

Walking back to the benches where she left Gavin, she spotted a crowd of girls trying to make small talk.

"Why are you all here? You couldn't even see us perform," Gavin said in irritation.

"They're just trying to show school spirit. Right everyone?" Zailey said.

The girls nodded in unison, and quickly stood up from the benches.

"Um, good luck, Zai... Y-You too, Gavin!" One of the girls said before they all ran off.

"You scared them all off," Gavin said. "Thank you."

"Don't think that was me. You don't have to be so rude you know, they just..."

"Know how to get on my nerves?" he continued her sentence.

"As much as I can relate to that... No. I mean, they just appreciate you."

Gavin sighed, "Why can't I be unattractive, like you?"