59 ~ Picking the Apple

"Hurry up, it's cold out here," Macy wrapped her arms around herself.

Despite how adamant their mothers were about getting them to wear supposedly "proper" swim attire, they completely forgot to lay out towels.

Andrew fiddled with the doorknob, "Just a second, it's too slippery."

"Why is the door even wet?" She took her finger and wiped water off the door.

Once they got the door open, they looked at each other curiously as they beheld the wet tracks that led to the kitchen.

Macy looked around warily, "You don't think we're being used as candidates for another Cabin in the Woods movie, do you?"

He furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"It's a possibility! If you aren't freaked out, you go first then!"

"I'm used to freaky, considering the amount of time I spend with you."

"Not the time for your snarky remarks right now, Andrew, this is a life or death situation," she said as she proceeded to practice her detective work in the kitchen.

"Or it could be Zai and Connor. They didn't have towels either."

She glared at him with crossed arms, "You're no fun."

"And you reek. Go take a shower."

Macy headed off to her room to clean herself up, while Andrew lingered behind the door to his room. There were definitely unnatural sounds echoing from the walls. Maybe Macy was right. The monsters always came after the doubtful ones first.

He reached for the doorknob just as he heard constant creeks and what seemed like dogs panting. The train in his mind finally arrived at its station as he heard a blissful scream, followed by a graceful trail of unholy words.

Quickly lifting his hands up from the doorknob, he took a step back in complete disbelief. He covered his ears and shook his head, making a beeline towards Macy's room.

Macy opened the door immediately after hearing the incessant banging on the door. "Now look who's running like a scared little-"

"Zai and Connor... T-They're..."

Her eyeballs shot out of their sockets as soon as she fit the puzzle pieces together,. "W-Wha... But- Water... And Kitchen..."

"You planned this, didn't you?!"

"I swear, I didn't but I wish I did. Holy shit! Let me see!" She started out the door, but was quickly blocked by his arm.

"No! You can't just go in there!"

"You're not curious about how good your brother is in bed?"

"Well, by the sounds your sister was making..."

She gasped and smacked his shoulder, "You perv!"

"Says the one that was about to barge in there!"

With that, she plopped onto the bed and sighed. "So, I guess I'm gonna have the room to myself tonight."

"While I'm left with no room," Andrew frowned.

Damn it, he should have known Janine was up to something when she shoved a suspicious box in their room's drawer while unpacking. Connor merely rolled his eyes when he found them. Who knew he'd actually take advantage... That little fucker.

***

"Good morning." Macy said as she stood in front of the guilty couple attempting to escape from the crime scene.