15 ~ I'm the Princess of your Sand Castle?

New update schedule! I'll try my very best to update on either Friday or Sunday! Maybe even both!

For the past week Zailey trailed Gavin, popping up at the most unexpected places. She was everywhere, from in front of his locker, to underneath his desk.

    "Please, Gavin. Gavin," she placed her elbows on the lunch table, resting her chin between her hands.

    Gavin rolled his eyes, ignoring her, per usual, and resumed with his book. To Zailey's surprise, Gavin was an avid bookworm, drowning out the rest of the world and entering a new dimension of words, commas, and quotation marks.

    "Don't you have anything better to do?" He briefly looked up at her stubborn expression.

    "I'm not giving up... I'm going to make you my partner if it's the last thing I do," she said.

    "There are other dancers at this school."

    "Nope. You're exactly what I'm looking for. Only your dancing can suit my dance style... Don't you see? We're fated! Connected by the hip."

    "Well, sorry, I can't help you," he grabbed his book and stood up.

    Rushing before him and spreading her arms, she stood in front of him, blocking his way. Several times, he attempted to go another direction, but she continued to put up the blockade, like a basketball player on defense.

    "Now I can't even walk in peace anymore?" He scratched his head in frustration.

    "Hey, at least I didn't grab your clothes this time!" She responded. "And you haven't given me an actual reason... Why are you hesitant?"

    "Are you my mom? My girlfriend? A friend?" He questioned her. "I don't even know you... How can you just expect me to comfortably do as you say?"

    "Okay look. If you can simmer that arrogance down for just a little bit and act like less of a snob, I think we can actually become friends. This is such a good opportunity," she continued. "I'm trying to help you!"

    "I don't think I ever asked for your help, so why would you?"

    "Because I don't think you're that bad of a person. And, to be completely honest, I know how you feel... Not wanting to hurt your dad because you love dancing."

    Feeling truth behind Zailey's words, he decided to listen to the rest of what she had to say. Gavin kept his hands in his pockets, as they both made their way down the hallway.

    Crossing her arms and peering over at his expression, Zailey asked, "Is your dad scared that dancing will take you away from him? Just like how it took away your mom?"

    Gavin took a while before he responded, "I'm probably more worried about it than he is."

    "I feel you. When I told my mom, I was really scared too... But, she was surprisingly really happy for me," Zailey let out a sentimental laugh.

    He nodded, feeling sympathy, "You come from a completely different family. My parents-"

    Zailey hit his shoulder, "Your parents love you, and nothing's gonna change that... Not even your annoying ass attitude."

    He chuckled, "Right, because the guy that was stalked and harrassed a whole week straight is the annoying one."

    "Geez, way to blow it out of proportion," she wrinkled her nose. "I think you totally enjoyed the attention."

"There are very few people I want attention from."

"And I'm one of them," she crossed her arms in confidence.