55 ~ Lonely Hearts Club

"No, Elizabeth... I'm not going in," Gavin said.

"It's a bit tight, but you'll fit," Elizabeth said.

"I won't."

"Oh please, I can fit ten people in here if I want to."

Gavin tilted his head, "Explain to me why you would invite ten people in your closet."

"It's an empty closet," she smirked. "Ever heard of 15 minutes in heaven?"

He looked at her, petrified. "I didn't think more than 2 people could do that at a time."

"Relax snoot, I was kidding. Let's just drink," she walked in and turned on a disco ball.

He stepped inside to check out the disco ball and found out that it was a lot bigger than he had expected. "What the hell?! You have a cooler, too?"

The closet was fully loaded with neon lights stuck on the wall, and a comfy rug right in the middle. Though in reality, it was only the size of a king sized bed, it was quite roomy.

"With five brothers, you'd find that you wouldn't even be able to get privacy in a bedroom. So, voila... My safe haven... My woman cave."

He plopped down on the pile of pillows below him, "Not bad."

She grabbed two beers from the cooler and handed one to him.

She heard the pop of the can and the sound of his swallowing. She couldn't figure out which of the two sounds was more satisfying.

An hour and a couple drinks later, the both of them were shouting their conversations and laughing uncontrollably.

"I'm an idiot." Gavin's head felt heavy as it landed on Elizabeth's shoulder. "I broke up with her... Why the hell would I do that?"

"There was this person I liked for a really long time," Elizabeth said. "And I waited years for him to like me back."

"Where is he now?"

"He loves someone else."

"So, I guess we're on the same boat."

"Not really... Unlike you, I'm not a motherfucking mess," she teased him.

"Do you still love him?"

"Well, yes, but more as a brother now. Those feelings are so gone, I only laugh about how ridiculous I was back then."

"You think the same thing will happen to me?"

"Yeah. Though, I can't be too sure because I'm much stronger than you."

He smiled, "That's good. I'd hate to see you in my position."

Her stomach jumped to her chest, "And I hope to see you out of your pajamas soon."

"You're saying you wanna see me naked?" He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes.

She choked on her drink, "I mean you should be in your regular clothes! Not looking like a hobo."

"Oh."

"I'll be honest... I wouldn't mind."

He froze for a second before chuckling, "I like honest."

"Then I'll do it again. I'll only say it once," Elizabeth bit her lip. "You aren't so bad, snoot."

"I guess you aren't either... You know, we should form a club. You know, for lonely hearts," he looked at her.

"You trying to rub it in my face."

"Actually, both our faces. Come on, this could be our club hangout."