23 ~ Shared Energy

Hey, you! Do you want a gold star? All you have to do is click that white star at the bottom left of your screen and poof! GOLDEN STAR!

After a few seconds, Connor opened his eyes to see Zailey wide awake, staring back at him.

"You done making your wish?" She smiled adoringly. "Couldn't wait till I finished making mine, huh?"

"Your eyes were closed for so long, I thought you fell asleep."

"Hmph. I told you, I had a lot of wishes," Zailey said. "One of them was about you."

Connor shot her a confused look, "Me?"

"No, you as in Yousef," she said with sarcasm.

"Alright," said through a chuckle, "What about Yousef?"

They both sat up, as Zailey positioned herself right in front of him.

"Let's date."

Connor froze at her words, making sure he heard her correctly. He examined her serious expression, trying to figure out whether or not she was joking.

"I love you."

Just as she said that, fireworks came on in rainbow and heart shapes, and music filled the air.

It hit him harder than a punch in the face, "Wow, it really does hurt."

Zailey put her hand on his cheek, "What's wrong?"

"Zailey. She's hurting me."

"What did I do?"

"Not you," he shook his head. "The real one."

"I am real!"

"Zailey's scared of her feelings. She stutters... Adorably, of course... Cheesy moments make her cringe. She would never be able to say those things so confidently. And also..." Connor tapped on her hair tie. "She was wearing a blue hair tie today."

Zailey was left speechless, frowning as she started to fade away from his vision.

"Wait," Connor held onto her hand, keeping her from vanishing into thin air. "If this is a dream, I can do anything I want, right?"

"Connor, what are you even saying-" She tried to talk, but was cut off as he abruptly leaned in, pressing his lips onto hers.

Zailey accepted the kiss, as they passed the minute caught in each other's arms. Despite the surreality of the moment, there was a sense of realness, enveloping both of them. The kiss intensified as he caressed her face, his fingers landing on her chin. Zailey wrapped her arms around his neck as they both slowly laid back on the grass, refusing to break the kiss.

Suddenly he felt a pinch in his cheek, causing him to open his eyes. Right away, he caught a glimpse of Zailey, who was slightly frowning down at him.

"Do you always sleep with your mouth open?" She pushed his chin up to close it. "Don't do that bugs'll crawl in there and poop."

Connor chuckled, "Why did you wake me up? I was having such a good dream."

"Well, it's only fair. You woke me up too! Did you know you sleep talk?"

"I don't usually."

"You said my name, too... What exactly was your dream about?"

"What time is it? We should get you home," He stood up hastily and proceeded to his motorcycle.

Zailey trailed after him, "Hey, now I'm curious!"

"Put your helmet on."

"Connor! Come on," she continuously nagged him. "I heard my name clearly!"