32 ~ Selfies and Sinful Pasts

After that weekend, everyone was hard at work, studying for finals week. Summer vacation, as well as the school trip were also fast approaching, and Zailey and Gavin rehearsed almost everyday for a few hours. In addition to this, Zailey also tried her best to work at Iris to help bring in money for her family's food during the time she would be absent. Between all the juggling, Zailey barely had enough time to eat or sleep.

"Oh, hey Zai... You're working with Connor today?" Lorraine said, gathering her things.

"Uh... Yeah. I've been trying to get as many hours as I could. I'm leaving for Europe in a couple weeks."

"Wow! I've always wanted to go there!" Lorraine said. "Well, I better be off now. I'm going on a date today. Connor's in the storage room if you need him."

"Have fun on your date!" Zailey waved goodbye.

Zailey entered the storage room to see Connor lifting stacks of boxes from shelves to take inventory.

"Need help?" Zailey peeked behind the boxes he was carrying.

"I got it-" before he could finish, she lifted some of the boxes he was carrying.

Connor chuckled, "Trying to show off, sneakers?"

"I'm trying to be nice."

"Oh, my bad... I'm just not used to seeing that from you."

"Ahh, so you want these back?" Zailey offered the boxes she took from him.

"No, it's fine. You can act nice now," Connor said. "Who knows when you'll act up again..."

"Hey! I don't act up!" Zailey protested.

Connor gave her a mischievous smile, "You aren't even aware of how sly you are."

He pressed a finger against her lips, before placing it on his lips.

"I-I don't remember anything like that," Zailey looked away from him and bit her lip.

He put the boxes down and approached her, "Then, should I remind you?"

"Nope!" She hid her blushing face behind the boxes. "We need to carry these boxes out. Let's go!"

"Zailey, I-" before he could even speak, Zailey ran out of the room with the boxes.

Trying to distract herself, she took out her study books from the shelves at the checkout counter. She had been multitasking work and studies, reading her study books when she found time.

The moment at the library had replayed in her head a thousand times since she had last spoken to Connor. Despite how many times she slapped herself, she could not get herself to focus on what she was reading.

"Quit slapping yourself," Connor said. "It only works when you're strapped to a bed and someone is doing it for you."

She glared at him before trying to divert her eyes back to the book.

"I'm kidding! Give yourself a break for just a couple seconds. You're frying your brain," he said, swiping the book away from her. "US history, how... Interesting."

"I'm almost done, give it."

"Then since you're almost done, you can afford to look up for a bit... At my beautiful, irresistible face," he winked.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Since when'd you get so confident?"

"How many times do I have to remind you?" Connor repeated his action from the storage room, placing his finger from her lips to his.