22 ~ Mr. Airplane, I Wish...

"Macy? Give me my phone back!" Zailey yelled from across the house.

"Wait, I just need one more level!" Macy tilted the phone. "Ugh! Stupid ninja! I hate you! I hate you!"

"Geez, calm down! I have to go to work soon. If my battery is drained, I will-"

Macy bit her lip, "Um... Where's your charger?"

"Damn it, Macy! That was fully charged ten minutes ago!"

"At least it stayed on long enough to read Connor's text. He said he could pick you up if you needed a ride."

"What?! And how am I supposed to reply?"

"Calm down, Godzilla. I'm charging it now!"

Zailey impatiently waited for it to restart, opening Connor's message.

Mr. Shoe Fetish: Hey, do you need a ride today? My shift's at 11 too.

Sneakers: Yeah... That'd be nice!

Mr. Shoe Fetish: Be there in 10.

Zailey was sitting on the couch anxiously, waiting for her phone to charge when she heard Connor's motorcycle pull up to the front of the house.

She unplugged her phone, which was only able to charge 20 percent, "Macy, I'm leaving, there's cereal in the pantry."

"You know a real sister would cook eggs and bacon."

"I guess I'm not a real sister then," she said while hopping on one foot to slip her shoe on. "Lock the door after me!"

"Geez, someone's eager!" Macy teased. "Have fun on your daaatee!"

Running to the motorcycle, Zailey took a helmet out of the rear storage box. Underneath the helmet, she found a small brown paper bag, which she picked up and inspected.

"What's this?" She asked.

"Have you had breakfast? I packed a bacon and cheese omelette in there. Do you like strawberries or bananas? I just put in both," Connor said.

"Did you make this?" Zailey peered into the bag.

"Well... Yeah," he admitted. "You can eat it once we get there. I'm sure Mrs. Chaunce wouldn't mind."

She tried to contain a jubilated grin, "Thanks."

"So, how is it?" Connor asked as Zailey took a bite of the omelette.

"Delicious. Can I just marry it?" Zailey replied.

He chuckled, "I knew you wouldn't have eaten breakfast at home."

"I woke up late... And my parents are really tired these days, I didn't wanna bother them."

"What about you, aren't you tired?"

"Eh, so-so."

"Your face says otherwise. Look at how ugly it is," Connor teased, pinching her cheek.

"Gee. You say all the right things," she said sarcastically.

"Exactly. How did you ever live without me?"

"Yup, having a Connor around is a total life essential," she said, almost cracking up.

After hours at Iris, they tidied up, closed the shop, and headed out to run last minute errands.

"I have to pick up some things from the grocery store," Zailey pointed to the store across the boutique.

"Don't go there, it's expensive. There's another one nearby that has a lot of good deals," Connor said, grabbing his keys from his pocket.