46 ~ Strictly Business

Gavin furrowed his eyebrows, "How did you-"

    "I was helping mom clean your room," Kriss said. "Sorry, I was sorting your underwear and I thought it was your underwear drawer."

    It had been five years since Gavin was officially taken in by the Chaunce family. Once Zailey and Gavin became official, the amount of times Gavin crashed at Zailey's condo multiplied. It took a very long time for Zailey's family to agree on the arrangement, though it made it easier that Lilia and Ron's new company was right across the street.

    "Kriss... Please," he looked at her with pleading eyes.

    "I won't tell Zai, but you better have a good explanation," she said.

    "At the time, I thought that if they met again... She'd-"

    "So you planned a whole vacation to prevent them from meeting?"

    "I didn't think they'd take her as a Reverie ambassador... I didn't even know Reverie was the company the articles mentioned."

    "Gav, you're missing the point. You can't keep stalking Connor. And quite frankly, it's creepy."

    "I can't lose her, Kriss. Even the thought of it kills me."

    Kriss softened, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Then don't do anything to make her leave."

    ***

    Back at the Davis household, Connor sat on the couch eyeing his phone.

    "Damn, that phone is hella sexy," Andrew commented. "I can understand why you've been staring at it for 15 minutes straight."

    Connor rolled his eyes, "Andrew, go do your homework."

    "What, so you could do your phone?"

    "Fuck off."

    "Whose call are you waiting for? Do you have a girlfriend back in Europe?"

    "No."

    "Then did you get a girlfriend in LA?"

    "No."

    "So you're going after a girl in LA?"

    "Andrew, if you don't shut up... You're changing Winnie's diapers."

    "I didn't hear a 'no,'" he raised his eyebrows.

    "Andrew!"

    After another five minutes of debating, he reached his phone and opened a contact. He dialed the number and hesitantly pressed the call button. Once the other line picked up, he heard an immediate sound of laughter... As expected.

    "Hello?"

    "G-Good nig... I mean evening. Good evening."

    The Tsang family was eating dinner when Zailey excused herself to answer her phone.

"Mr. Davis?" As soon as they heard his name, they all shut up and looked at Zailey in shock.

    "Is that... " Lilia whispered.

    Zailey put a finger to her lips and nodded.

Zailey had already informed her family about what was happening at her new job at Reverie. The Tsangs felt a mixture of worry and happiness, especially considering how great his relationship with the family was five years ago.

Attempting to find more privacy, she went into the bathroom. "What's up?"

"I wanted to go over your new line... You know... Just get the central theme behind it."