41 ~ Winnie the Pooh

5 years later...

 A perfectly red and ripe apple wrapped around a styrofoam net caught Zailey's eye as it rested at the very top of the pile of apples. She had given all of the change she'd collected to her family, and was left with nothing but fatigue, hunger, and thirst.

Her senses snapped back when she heard a deafening voice screaming "Come back!" Looking around, she realized that she had already taken the apple and was now running away from the lady guarding the stall's merchandise. A police officer heard the commotion and added to the pursuit, frightening Zailey even more, as she made a sharp turn to her left and into a crowd of customers. 

 The officer finally got a hold of her arm, but once she turned around, she saw something completely different from what she expected. Her eyes widened with the sight of Connor, smiling and staring at her with his signature sparkling eyes.

Zailey opened her eyes and sat up from her bed, eyebrows furrowing as she swept the strands of hair from the side of her face to the top of her head. She checked the clock which revealed the time and date: 6 o'clock a.m. on January 17, 2022. She rubbed her forehead at the throbbing, sharp pain in her head as reached for the mini fridge next to the bed. She took out a water bottle and gulped it down, attempting to cure her hangover.

She looked off to the other side of the queen sized bed where she found Gavin still deep in sleep. Taking a deep breath, she attempted to shook her head of the dream.

Gavin slowly opened his eyes, "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah... Just... Had a dream I haven't had in a while."

He smiled, leaning towards her to plant a kiss on her forehead, "Was I in it?"

She shot him a nervous look and opened her mouth to speak, "I..."

"You...?"

"I don't know," she lied. "I forgot."

"Right... I appreciate your attempt to spare my feelings," he said, pulling her into his arms. "But you know what? Who cares about being in your dreams, when I can be in bed with you."

She rolled her eyes and pushed him away, "Not for long! Get dressed. We have to be at the studio in half an hour."

They both wiggled out of bed, ignoring the sound of their phones ringing.

"It's probably Lizzie and Jacque," Zailey said through the foam of toothpaste.

"You think they'd still beat us up if we brought them breakfast?"

"Well... I think we'd have to try a little harder than that since we were late to dress rehearsals yesterday."

Gavin ran to the nightstand and accepted the call on his phone.

"GAVIN MARSH AND ZAI TSANG! WHERE THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU TWO?!" Elizabeth yelled from the other line.

"We're... In the car. We'll be at the studio in 20 minutes," Gavin bluffed.

"After 5 years as your fucking manager you think I still believe that crap? I kid you not, I am almost about to die overdosing on your bullshit."

"Lizzie, we'll be there! Calm your ass down," Zailey yelled from the bathroom. "Tell Jacque she doesn't need to pick an outfit for me. I'll just wear what I'm wearing."

"Same with me," Gavin added.

"Alright fine. You two better get here fast!" Elizabeth yelled.

"Kay cool, love ya!" Zailey yelled before she reached for his phone and ended the call.

"She's still as scary as ever," Gavin said, shoving his phone in his pocket.