Chapter 4 -Killan Calore

The prince, son of the woman I'm accused of killing. The man I'm going marry... is right behind me. I hear his footsteps from behind. He walks closer—a pair of metallic boots. The sound of the shoes tapping on the floor speaks power and royalty. I can feel his presence closer. Then closer until I could smell his royal scent --a mixture of tropical fruit, lavender, and mint.

Hindi ko ito kayang lingunin kahit na tumigil na siya sa halos isang metro mula sa kinatatayuan ko. Nagbigay pugay ito sa amang hari. "Your Grace, reporting back from an emissary mission from the upper regions."

His voice, fully modulated which sounds so royal seems like he's got those raven eyes, pointed nose, crimson lips with a flawless skin partly covered by his slightly shaved full beard reaching his perfectly shaped pointed ears. Mukhang napakagwapo niyang nilalang gaya ng mga high-ranked elves. Natutukso akong lingunin ito pero papaano kung mabungaran ako ng galit nitong mukha?

"Killan," the king clears his throat and shifts his eyes on mine. "This is Idrish Rendin."

Napansin kong nilingon ako ng lalaki. From my peripherals, his perfect appearance that cuts a dash gets my eyes. My imagination isn't wrong. A prince that is dressed to the nines. I slightly shift my direction towards him to bow and show my respect.

I see a prince with dark raven eyes just like what I vision him to be. Maayos ang pagkakahulma ng makapal nitong kilay. Agaw pansin ang namumula nitong mga labi. He doesn't possess a hair out of place, his royal fine hair. A six-feet tall prince with an undeniable masculine physique. Everything about him is perfect, well of course, except the raging anger in his eyes that almost burn me to ashes.

I have seen high-ranked warriors. The ikons, they all look intimidatingly beautiful like the royals. All of them, their appearance makes me question the stars, their fair play and equal distribution of gifts. The royals, the ikons, and even their high guards make me fidgety, but the prince's presence is different. Seeing him makes me hard to breathe. It kills me.

I need to play safe for now.

Hindi ko kayang salubungin ang nang-uusig na mata ng prinsipe kaya mas minabuti kong yumuko na lang at muling humarap sa hari. Kahit na wala na ito sa paningin ko at nanatili siyang nakatayo sa tabi ko, alam kong sa mga sandaling iyon ay halos gilitan na ako sa leeg ng mga titig nito. He does not just hate me. He despises me.

"So, this is the girl." The prince's words taste sarcastic. Alam kong kahit hindi ito nakatingin sa akin ay lihim na niya akong pinapatay sa utak niya. Knowing that I, the girl who killed his mother, is standing beside her. Incomplete form, no broken legs nor broken ribs, dressed like a respected lady, fed like a royal guest.

My gut is in searing pain hearing him call me 'the girl'. Napakuyom ako ng palad upang pigilan ang pag-akyat ng nagpupuyong galit sa aking dibdib. These royals would never dare to call us by our names unless we matter to them.

Pare-parehas ang tingin nila sa amin. Moving objects that need to farm, serve, and offer labor to make a living. We are nothing to them. Just a pair of meaningless eyes ready to be dispatched if it displeases them.

"She is," tipid na sagot ng hari. He brushes his full beard as he stares down at us. Mukhang sinusukat nito ang reaksyon namin ng kaniyang anak. Who wouldn't? He just declares his own son's marriage to a stranger who's suspected to have killed his wife. I slightly question his sanity at that point. Mad kings are a trend in Springgan. Mostly gone insane because of the responsibility they can't bear.

Pero parang nasa katinuan naman ang hari. King Argus, he might have neglected most of the low-ranked elves like us, but he has transformed the 7th region into a city that's close to the ruling region, the 10th. He can be the next king of Springgan.