1

**Chapter 1**

The festivities started after Lissa's coronation ceremony as queen, and as for me still in Dimitri's embrace

The festivities started after Lissa's coronation ceremony as queen, and as for me still in Dimitri's embrace. With my hands on his chest, look up at him than to their Lissa was getting up. When the queen's guards started to move I jumped to attention, then I saw Lissa walking down the throne steps. I gave Dimitri a quick glance as he smiled at me and I returned it with a warm loving smile back at him.

He is also now moving with Christian. As for me being part of the royal guard means Lissa have at least 8 other personal guards following her and that 8 includes me. Now in my guardian mode, we are moving swiftly with my colleges, I'm always at Lissa's side. My chest still hurts certain times but I'm recovering quickly from my two gunshot wounds. We head to a small room where we all could keep Lissa safe while her formally invites guests settled in at the banquet hall. Lissa took my hand and pulled me to sit next to her.

'I'm so proud of you.' I whispered first before she could speak. She was still so nerves, I can see it on her face. It is weird for me not to be bonded with her anymore.

'Thank you. But I wanted to thank you.'

'For what, your highness?' She gave me a look.

'Rose come on. You're my best friend, there's no need for all these formalities.'

'As you wish, your highness.' Her look deepened.

'I wanted to thank you for bringing Jill into my life. I know we are having a rocky start here but with your help, I can see her becoming my blood sister but it would never be what we have Rose. Yet it is a start. We finally got to know each other a little, with the run through two days ago and the little we did speak is that I found that we can start as friends and work from there.' She said.

'I'm glad.' I smiled at her. The small room's door opened, I jumped up and moved in front of Lissa. Dimitri enters followed by Christian Ozra, Lissa's boyfriend. Okay more formally known as Lord Ozra. All the guards in the room tense up then relax as Christian strolled over to Lissa. I moved to the wall closes to the couch.

'Queen of my heart, finally.' Christian said kneeling in front of her, where she sat. He kissed her hand.

'Oh, Christian, please you don't have to kneel like that. Come sit with me.' She patted the seat next to her I just sat in. Leaning against the wall looking out the shoulder high picture window. Scanning everything outside then back into the room. Christian and Lissa in deep conversation about college and how Christian is attending another college in another county, but that it is only a 6-hour drive away. Since all our guardians have mastered the skill of have an absent-minded look while still surveying the whole room. Most of the guardians here have that look. My eyes met with Dimitri's as he just looks straight at me. I do believe I blushed then smiled a small smile at him. His eyes, those eyes that always say so much.