22

We got up the next morning real early to join my group with my stake strapped in his usual place at my side. Look myself over and in the mirror tied my hair back in a tight ponytail. I felt sick and I had to puke first before I joined my group. I hastily brushed my teeth and rushed to join my group, where Alberta was handing out real stakes to the novices. They quickly fasten it to their belts and we all set out. Picked a new location down town and parked the cars out of sight. We remind the novice that this exercise is about working as a team. Mani and I set out. Asking him if he is ready. Tonight he looks more determined then yesterday.

'Yes, guardian Belikov. I'm ready. I won't let you down.' We waited near a clubs alley. We waited for quite a while then a strong looking strigoi male. He parted ways with someone he must have known. I pretended to be walking casually behind the strigoi while Mani waited in the alley stake ready in his hand. As we came to the alley, I kicked the strigoi with all my might like you will kick a door in. The son of a gun was fast and really strong. 

Mani and I surround him. The strigoi focuses on Mani since he looked like a bigger and stronger threat than me. The wrong move, on our enemies' part. He struck out and fist Mani into a wall. Mani shook it off quickly and charged the strigoi ramming the strigoi back into the wall behind him. I stepped in and burned the strigoi's neck then Mani did it on the other side of the strigoi's neck. He holds Mani off for a minute as I told him to keep burning the strigoi as I asked the strigoi a question.

'Is there any strigoi next in Montana?'

'Go to hell.' The strigoi cried out between burns. I pressed my stake into his neck a little.

'Now once again. With some effort, is there any strigoi nests in Montana?' I asked again.

'Only a small one about 10 not too far from here out on the old farm road.' He spilled. Mani didn't need more encouragement from me and he staked the strigoi. I pushed Mani's arms u a little more so he can pierce the heart completely. I let go of Mani. Just to observing Mani's face. He was now in kill mode.

'How was that?' I asked Mani.

'It was incredible. I did not know you can use strigoi for important in tell like that and still get to kill them once they spill their guts like that.'

'Something I picked up when I was in Russia.' I told him. It only works when fighting strigoi in a team environment doing it alone can get you killed. I warned him. We head back to the cars. Having some water while we wait for the other four teams to return. Mani is clearly on an adrenaline high he could not stand still or shut up for a minute. Two hours later out remaining four groups returned one by one some with freaked out expressions and looked a little battered. We finally head back to school as Alberta and Sonja finally returned.

The novice talked about their experience with us. I told Alberta about the small strigoi next on old farm road and that we should check it out once the field trip is over. We reached the school in time for dinner. Wrote our reports. We all had dinner then went to bed. I was just so tired, these twins are draining a woman out big time. We finally scored the novice on their performance on each individual day. Their observation skills their teamwork and of course the last day's performance, which we will give them tomorrow. Took a very welcoming shower before I hit the hay.

The next day we chose yet another new location. Mani and I took off. We instructed the novice that we are only here as their 'moroi' and they need to protect us. Mani walked in front of me. We spotted two strigoi leaving a club. A male and a female strigoi. Keeping me pinned in a corner in a dead end alley. Mani took a couple of strong hits but he got up and kept on protecting me. The man here was clearly the younger one between the two of them and looks like Mani figured it out. Well, I hope he has. Mani had his stake in his hand ready for action. Nope clearly not, because Mani is now going for the fang-bearing woman. He burned her legs. She drops to the knees holding her legs crying out in agony. She got back on her feet attacking Mani heads on. The man tries to get to me but Mani didn't let them.