11

**Chapter 11**

Back at work in full swing. Mom and Abe's ceremony was so romantic and intimate, yesterday in front of a judge and Dimitri and I with Hans were there to witness. It was small and so mom and dad. Christian came to me during one of my midnight snack trips to the kitchen to tell me Lissa is seeing my doctor in the morning. I told him why I am so worried about her. His whole face has gone all paler then it's normal paleness. He saw my worry and he asked me to keep it amongst ourselves till we can confirm anything. Christian left after that. Dimitri had a week off and is spending some quality time with our little one, we are trying to potty train him. He started to read things to us. Yeah, people 9 and a half months old and already reading, let alone writing short sentences.

The teacher at his daycare said she had never seen a baby not even a year old doing things like this ever. She moved him from her class to a bit older class so he can keep learning and keep developing his brain. She also suggests we start speaking to him in another language in the house so little Dimitri can start picking it up so Dimitri senior is teaching him, Russian. That is also part of why Dimitri will be at home this whole week. Estavan took Dimitri's duties for this week. So we work together. Hans has organized a couple of troop of guardians to go attack that Romanian strigoi mobster.

I personally think he is making a mistake of sending everyone in like we always do. I did try to reason with him about it but every time Hans just brushed me off. So I left it. I just know we are going to have a big loss of valuable guardians and even more wounded. Putting more pressure on all the other guardians out there. Sitting and drinking my coffee and watching the monitors. Estavan and I took turns patrolling the house. The whole week was quite and me working 24 hours for 8 days straight. Dimitri joined ranks on Monday morning after he dropped Junior off at daycare.

'Morning guardian Belikov.'

'Morning guardian Belikov.' He replied. 'Junior missed you. He kept asking for you.' I shrugged feeling the weight of my, dhampir duties weighing me down as I try to be a mother and loving wife to my wonderful husband.

'I thought it would happen. You know how our duties are. I wanted so desperately wanted to spend the evenings with my two favorite men in my life, but 'they come first'.'

'It's okay. He will learn. By the looks of it, you are back on your coffee diet.'

'How did it go with his Russian lessons?' I tried to talk the conversation into another direction.

'It was tough at the beginning but near the end of the 6 days he was starting to get it.'

'That is great, we just need to continue. You speak only Russian with him and I will speak only English that way he can learn both languages at once.'

'Good idea. I told his teacher you will pick him up this afternoon.' I nod my head. I have gone through the schedule for the week with Dimitri. Later in the morning the good doctor Walnikov made a special house call for the queen. He gave her a home pregnancy test to go take now and he draws some of her blood. She took the test and while they all waited for the results. He asked her a bunch of questions and she all but a few answered yes. The doctor wrote everything down in her folder. The timer clicked to indicate the time is up.

'Your majesty, it appears you are pregnant. The blood I took earlier will be sent to confirm if you are indeed pregnant. But the home pregnancy tests nowadays are all really spot on.' Lissa's face fell looking at Christian. The way he looked at her gave her hope and she smiled at him. He hugged her and gave her a kiss. I felt a tab jealous of them. My first news of me being pregnant has just the opposite effect, so I just looked away and leaned against the wall looking out the window. Concentrating on my duties. Although Lissa is my best friend, no that is not right.