4

**Chapter 4**

He saw my mind was not where it should be.

'What's wrong?'

'Bad memories, don't worry about it.' He smoothes back my hair, as we place our suitcases in the back of the car and we drove off with him at the wheel. I placed my hand on his leg as we drove towards the city of Pennsylvania.

'Look at us, legally out in the world with orders I might add both of us together on a hunting trip of evil creatures.'

'Yes, it is kind of nice. No need to hide everywhere.'

'Yeah, but it was the thrill of the chase don't you think?'

'Yes, it sure did let the adrenaline going.' I nodded my head. He pulled up on a deserted alley and we got out. Looks like strigoi living ground. We stayed in the dark observing the area. Yes as we guessed strigoi where everywhere. We jumped the first single one that was walking by. She slapped Dimitri around pretty good, underestimating me as I burn her with my stake she squirms on the ground as I pin her down Dimitri held her legs.

'Where can we find Mandy?' I asked burning her some more. She yelled at the top of her lungs.

'I'll kill you!' She spits at me.

'Wrong answer!' I said and pulled my signature move and push in the sharp end of my stake into her neck drawing blood.

'Where can I find Mandy?' I repeated. She wanted to yell again.

'Scream or you will die no questions asked.' I told her.

'I know of her. You can find Kevin her mate down at Market Street on the other side of town.' She spilled her guts then I staked her anyway. I got off her and turned to Dimitri.

'Are you okay?' I asked kneeling by his side on the ground.

'I will be.'

'Come let me have a look at your head in the car.' We got back into the car and his head was bleeding severely. I attended to it quickly. Cleaning it out and glued the cut close. Saw on his face it stings badly.

'Any other part of you hurting?' I asked since I'm playing nurse already.

'No, the rest of me is fine. Is this- Is this, how you tried to find me in Russia?' He finally asked me.

'Yes, and it was not at all an easy task, believe me.'

'Yes, I remember. Let's not dwell on the past.' He suggested.

'Yeah, please let's not.'

'Thank you for playing doctor.' He said then gave me a quick kiss.

'What are fiancé's for?' I said smiling at him and he kissed my hand, and drove out to Market Street. 'Getting even information like that is valuable.'

'Indeed it is.' He said then we drove off to the other side of town looking for a strigoi called Kevin. Again we parked in a dark hidden alley, observing the area. Feeling Dimitri almost skin on skin against my back in our surroundings. His breath on the top of my head. It made it hard to concentrate on our mission.

'That bar over there looks like our best bet.' I pointed out to the far corner. He nods and we head out to the shabby bar and we hung around the alley next to the bar. Another single male strigoi past us and we dragged him into the alley and he kicked me right into a wall. Dimitri held him by his throat against the wall. He broke free from Dimitri's hold punching him but Dimitri was just so much faster dodging his blows with his back to me I got up and dragged a long burn mark on his face and neck. He fell to his knees yelling in pain. That's when we both jumped him. Dimitri held him down as I played with my stake across the strigoi's bare skin. I let Dimitri do the questioning this time. This particular strigoi don't know Kevin at all. Dimitri staked him and turned to me cupping my face.