7

We briefly saw my woman doctor at court and gave her the copied file for her records then Dimitri and I head over to HQ to talk to Hans. He suggests I take on some admin duty here till I feel ready to take on active duty again. He also told me again that I'm more valuable out in the field than behind a desk. He told us he send teams to the other remaining strigoi nests and we as guardians won victorious but there will always be lonely strigoi lurking about like our recent encounter. He read my report and the other three guardian's reports and found it astonishing that although I'm pregnant can still fight two rather strong strigoi and not even manage to get battered against a wall.

Hans was also impressed about strigoi that attacked Dimitri was in and Hans thinks since the queen's getting married in 6 months, Dimitri should form part of the royal guard. I was astonished that it came out of Hans's mouth. But held my tongue. Hans showed Dimitri to the tattoo artist and have to hold off on my new marks till after little Dimitri is born. By the ratio, Dimitri and I are getting our marks we will be fully tattooed by the time we are forty. I'm still very proud of my man. We head back to our apartment.

'What do you think of what Hans said about me joining the royal guard?'

'I couldn't believe what he suggested but I'm all for it. You will probably still be Christian's guardian when they have separate duties to perform.'

'Yes, but we will be together all the time.'

'I really like the sound of that.'

'So do I. Now go rest up we're on duty in six hours.'

'Come hold me and rest with me.'

'Okay.' He said setting the alarm to go off. We fell asleep. Little junior keep waking us as he keeps kicking Dimitri in the back.

Sitting in the monitoring room of Lissa's living quarters. I walked patrol the home every few hours to stretch my legs. On my last return, Dimitri ordered us old fashion burgers and milkshakes for dinner on our vampire schedule. I frowned while I ate and Dimitri gave a look.

'What are you thinking about so hard?' He asked me.

'Our current school system.'

'What about it?'

'I was thinking about Lucas and Maisie. Although we have the best training all our lives and it included you guys simulation tests, but nothing really beats actual field training.'

'What do you mean?'

'Taking almost fully trained novice on a field trip.'

'What, to a facility call 'Strigoi-R-Us'. I don't know, Rose.'

'No, an actual field trip to really teach these novices how reality really works.'

'I still don't know. Don't you think it's very risky? Would you do it to our son?'

'Yes, when he is a few months from graduating.'

'Okay, now I'm with you. So your idea is to take a novice about to graduate on a real strigoi field trip.'

'That is correct, yes.' He thought long on this matter then finally spoke again.

'It might just work. It will prepare them all better for their trials.'

'And they will be fearless. Just look at me and Eddie what we saw with our first face to face encounter did for duties, we took it much more seriously than all the other novice classmates.'

'You may have a valid point there.' He said drinking his milkshake.

'Oomph!' I said holding my stomach.