24

I'm 8 and a half months today and just got home from a checkup. I earlier laid on Dr. Walnikov consulting table and Dimitri and I saw our babies in 3D for the second time. They are really so beautiful. Dimitri held my hand as we watched the monitor. Dr. Walnikov is burning us a short DVD with the twins on it in 3D for us to take home. The twins are both in the correct position for delivery. Now being at home we can all relax a little. While we were at the hospital we stopped over at the clinic and Junior got the rest of his shots he needs and he cried a lot holding on to me. Dimitri later took him from me, because he really is getting so big and it is not just from all the muscle he picked up.

The good Dr. Walnikov ordered me immediate bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy so I can't go to HQ and do some desk work. Veronique came to me twice a week so I can stay up to date on my paperwork. Dimitri is also working a half day to be with me and look after Junior. A lot of moroi's requested really great new guardians. Knowing they can handle the outside world better I can rest assured that the guardians that are assigned to the moroi in question that they will be well protected. Three weeks pass and then the start of the new week in the middle of June my first pain started as I was napping. Junior was still at school and Dimitri just got home when half way down the stairs I gripped the wooden banisters that moan under my tight grip.

'Roza!?'

'Get. My. Bag. Love.' I breathed through my pain. He ran around getting my bags. Waiting for the pain to subside to get to the bottom stairs and into the outside car. The video camera and tripod. With my bags were thrown in the back of the car and we were off to the hospital. At the hospital, he parked the car got out and all the staff then helped me walk into the hospital and into a wheelchair.

They ran with me to the delivery room and got me ready. Dimitri set up the camera on the tripod out of the way and came to sit behind me like he did with Junior's birth. Dr. Walnikov had a look at me and say I am really not far off from delivery. Feeling like I'm going to pass out any minute, it was time for me to bring my babies into the world.

Rosemarie Olena Belikov was born first then 30 minutes later Alexandria Janine Belikov was finally born on the 17 June at 1 AM and 01:30 AM in human hours. They rolled us into a private room where I feel asleep completely exhausted after being in labor for more than half the day. Eight hours later when I woke up my mom and dad were in the room with me. Dimitri was nowhere to be seen. Mom and dad ooeh and aaed over the sleeping twins.

'Hey.' I smiling still tired at all of them.

'Hi, angel. Nice to see you awake. Congratulations they are so pretty just like their mother.' Abe said kissing my cheek.

'Thanks, daddy.'

'Dear, you still look so tired.' Mom said holding a bottle for one of the twins as they feed.

'I am still really tired but I can't sleep all day. I have two new babies to look after and if they are going to be like their big brother we are going to have our hands full with all of them.'

'Rest, darling. We got you covered for now. We took the liberty to pump some of your breast milk for their feeds. Hope that is okay?' Mom asked me.

'Of course, it is. If they need more, while I'm still out, mom please feel free to pump some more.'

'We'll do. Now, please rest.' I did and fell asleep and slept for another couple of hours. Waking up and Dimitri was in the room but mom and dad were now gone and Junior wasn't here. Dimitri was rocking one of the girls to sleep.

'Hi.' I whispered.

'Hello, beautiful.' He said giving me a kiss, handing me Alexandria.

'Hello, Alexandria I'm your mommy and I love you very much.' I said and kissed her little head so gently. He then took her from me and lay Rosemarie in my arms. I did the same with her and then we just looked at each other. After two days of being in the hospital, I finally got to go home with my baby girls. We got home and mom and dad were at our house looking after Junior for us. We walked hands and arms full of bags and babies.

'Mommy!' Junior yelled running to me.

'Hello, my boy. Have you been good?'

'Yes.' He said quickly.

'Yes, he has been.' Abe confirmed and messed little Dimitri's hair up. Junior went into gentle protective big brother mode. Knowing how harshly he can grip things. Mom helped me getting the twins settled in the nursery. Abe helped Junior finish the last bit of homework. Dimitri came to check in on me making sure I'm okay. Mom held each of the twins then lay them back down in one crib, now that they are fast asleep.

'Mom, I know I haven't told you this yet and Dimitri and I really don't like talking about it. A year ago I was pregnant as well and also twins but the pregnancy didn't start out right and we-we lost them.' I told her the story and started to cry. 'This house was for 6 solid months in a very dark place. Dimitri and I both cried our night through and then we both decided to put it behind us and finally tried again and then these two happened.' I said covering my girls.

'Oh, my sweetheart I'm so sorry to hear this. Why haven't you two told us.'

'We were both so sad at the time, we did not communicate with anyone for 6 whole months. I did not even speak to Lissa at that time. We're good now, of course. I finally got it over my heart to tell Lissa what happened. We always keep our relationship as strict and professional but now I finally feel like I have my best friend back.'

'Good. I get it, honey. It really hurts to lose a child of your own. I know it more than most.' Mom said then gave me a really nice motherly hug. I gave her one right back.

~~~~~VA_VA~~~~~