12

News finally reached us of Hans attack on the mobster and like I feared it all come true. I sank back in my chair with my head in my hands. This cannot be happening.

'How many men did we lose?' I asked as all the head of the departments sat around the boardroom in HQ.

'35 dead and about 12 injured and 13 of them are missing.' The report was read.

'I told Hans this would happen and now he is missing, and we all know when guardians go missing that the likelihood that they are unwillingly turned.' People gasp around the room.

'It's all true. I can vouch for that.' Dimitri steps up and got my back as he walked closer to where I sat.

'What now? What happened now?' A young female guardian asked the room in general.

'The guardian council will have to sit, as soon as possible to appoint a new head of all guardians here at HQ.' I said.

'When will that be?'

'This afternoon.' Dimitri chipped in. Everyone seemed to nod their heads in agreement. As I am first royal guardian to the queen I have a spot on the council's table. Dimitri as well. The hour and a half pass. Dimitri and I had lunch and then head back to HQ from our home. Now that our council session in already full steam going ahead with council members arguing cress cross for Hans's old position. Fist almost started to fly around.

'EVERYONE, SHUT UP! JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!' I yelled out over the fighting council members. The room quite down faces now focused on me.

'Give me five names, who you think can do Hans's old job with enough dignity, loyalty and honorable justice.' The room went even quieter now.

'Please not everybody all at once.' I barked sarcastically.

'Guardian Phillips.' Someone said at the back of the table.

'Good, that's one.'

'Guardian Kelinov.' Another said.

'Guardian Rose Belikov.' Someone beside me said.

'I can't, I'm not on the council long enough,' I point that out to them all.

'Desperate times guardian Belikov.' The guy said again. I shook my head and then wrote down my name.

'Guardian Dimitri Belikov.' Guardian White said on the other side of the room.

'We need one more name.'

'Guardian Hathaway.' (Great my mother.)

'Time to vote. You may not vote for more than one.'

'1. Guardian Andrew Phillips – 3 votes

2. Guardian Fredrick Kelinov – 4 votes

3. Guardian Rose Belikov – 6 votes

4. Guardian Dimitri Belikov – 5 votes

5. Guardian Janine Hathaway – 5 votes.' I read the votes out loud and just like that, I was appointed as the new head of the guardians. The weight of the world was dropped on my shoulders in a megaton crane. Everyone came to congratulate me. I smiled and thanked them. Walking into Hans's old office was still so cereal. How can I protect Lissa and run the headquarters at the same time? I can't do this. I thought looking around Hans' s office.

'Yes, you can do this.' Dimitri said walking into the office. 'You're amazing and you can do both that is why you have people under you that can help manage everything.' Dimitri continued walking over to me.