10

In my passed out state, I heard a lot of scuffling. When I heard Christian's voice; 'Who is that over there? It looks like a guard.' Two pairs of unfamiliar feet approached me. They turned me over to see my face.

'It's Rose!' One yelled at the others. More feet approached me.

'Oh god no!' Dimitri and Lissa cried out together.

'By the way, this pillar took a hit she must have taken a very heavy blow.' One of our colleagues said.

'Rose! Rose! Wake up.' Lissa said, she touched me not to heal me, more to feel to find out what's wrong with me.

'Oh, gosh. No! No! No!' She cried.

'What?' Dimitri asked her.

'She's...' She looked up at Christian than to Junior.

'What? Lissa please I need to know.' Dimitri said very desperately.

'She's completely paralyzed from her neck down and has a severe crack skull hence all the blood in her hair. I could hear Dimitri break down completely. Can't blame him if he were lying here I would have cracked too. Lissa did not release her hold on me once she assessed my injuries and can now feel her wield her magic on me. I was screaming no, but because I was out cold no one could hear me of course.

I'm so angry at her I could spit. I finally faded into the waiting darkness as unconsciousness took a firm grip on me. Opening my sleep filled eyes in a hospital room. Sleepy eyes all around the room. Junior sleeping in Dimitri's arms. I looked at my hands and moved my fingers and I could and so to my toes, arms, and legs. If I get my hands on Lissa I want to first yell at her so hard and long then afterward I would thank her of course. Eddie saw me first. Dimitri's head shot up, where he was staring at the floor.

'Hey so nice to see everyone. What's going on? Why am I in hospital?'

'You don't remember?' And I really didn't, no joke. I shook my head.

'What do you remember?' Dimitri asked me.

'We questioned that strigoi in the alley and we sprinted back to Lissa and Christian. We fought in the basement and after that, I don't remember anything else after that.'

'We found you in the dark of the basement unconscious and completely paralyzed.' Dimitri informed me.

'What?'

'Lissa being Lissa healed you completely but your head injuries were quite extensive. That is why you are in the hospital for.' He continues.

'Where is Lissa? I have to get to her.' I said sliding out of bed. My feet hitting the cold vinyl floor of my hospital room. My legs so unstable under me. Eddie and Dimitri caught me with arms full of Junior.

'You can't the queen is recovering in the royal wing of the hospital.'

'What, it almost killed her?'

'Honey please.' Dimitri pleaded with me. I sank to the floor in my room in tears.

'Why didn't you stop her. I told you, all of you over and over again if you saw her healing anyone, to stop her immediately. Using magic has its dangerous results.'

'We didn't know she was using her magic till it was too late.' Eddie explained. Dimitri confirmed. Hans witnesses it too. I burst out crying on the floor again. Dimitri hand Junior to my mother, I only notice was in the room now.

'Roza please, she just tried to help.' He pulled me from the floor and lay me back down on my bed.

'Yeah, but at what cost?' I said looking at him as tears for my best friend ran down my face.