17

The plan works and once the other cars are for enough we swamp the estate. All in action mode we encounter our first ring of strigoi guards. Von and two of my court men enjoyed ourselves. As the second wave of attack hits it was not so easy to break through their deference's. My opponent was one tough cookie she got a hold of my kick leg and fling me in the air then let go of me.

My stake fell from my hand as she jumped on me holding me by my throat squeezing as I reach for my stake and found it as she licks my face then I ram my stake into her heart. She fell backward then I move to the final ring of strigoi guards. They are even faster and stronger than the ones of before. We fought them in teams. Von held one down and I staked him. We kept moving to the inner house and found Yevan, reading Russian poetry. Von and Mike worked with me.

'Well. Well. Well. Rose Hathaway as I live and breathe.' Yevan said as he looked at me placing his finger in his book, looking at me with his chilly red strigoi eyes at me.

'You're a dead monster.' I spat at him, then leaped at him with 'Halle Berry's', 'Catwoman' move. I jumped him so hard, I heard his skull crack at the impact. My stake out burning him all over. McLeod and his group reached us as Von and Mike holding Yevan down as I continue to burn him with my stake than almost press my stake halfway into his throat.

'Is there more in your nest?' I yelled at Yevan.

'Fuck you. What does that matter to you?' I keep my stake against his cheek, the smoke that traveled from his burned skin smelled like rotten meat being burned.

'Don't fuck with me Zmey? Is there more in your nest?'

'Yes. Yes, here about 30 more in Oklahoma and at least 50 strong in Romania.' He said quickly.

'Where in Romania?' I almost felt like yelling my frustrations out at him.

'The old academy grounds. The old St Victor Barnikov grounds. The academy moved to their new premises north-west of old campus about 60 miles from old campus.' Yevan spilled his guts.

'Thanks.' I said and sunk my stake into his chest before he could break free or say anything else. McLeod said we have a few minor casualties from our other men but more strigoi killed then anything, not one strigoi got past the guardians. We got back to campus and started filling out our reports. That includes me. I was shown to a guest room then got in a nice hot shower. 

As I got into bed I text Dimitri: 'We fought Yevan, got only skid marks but still in one piece. Going to sleep now. See you real soon. Love, R xxx'

He replied: 'I'm just glad to hear you are okay. Can't wait to see you. Love and miss you more. D. xox.' It made me smile and then I finally fell asleep.

~~~~~-VA-~~~~

Back at HQ. I did my reports of all the events that happened at St. Marcus Academy. Sat in my office, saw my stack of paperwork on my desk. I started working through all of my leaving the three guardians first reports for last. It was mid-day then, I was done with the paperwork. The tree young guardians files, I kept in one of my desk drawers. I read through them. Only the first two and the third guardians are holding some promise of any change. Taking what I told them to heart. The second one, well is not so promising. This change may take way longer than necessary.

I filed it away and store their files back into my drawers. Gave Veronique the stuff that she needs to process and file, then I left for home to shower and change into a fresh uniform. I set out to a bakery to order Junior's 'Mickey Mouse' birthday cake. Then I got some party decorations and a couple of presents for him like books, to read and to write in and some toys. Then finally joined my royal guard at the last stretch of a court session. Standing at the back of the courtroom. No one saw or noticed me, which was great.