8

Sitting in the monitoring room while Dimitri were patrolling around Lissa's house. I spoke to her before she went to bed. She told me all her wedding preparations are all done and can't wait to be married in two months time. I'm so- so happy for her. I was sitting watching the monitors when something caught my eye on the outside cameras.

'Security breach!' I yelled in my security microphone on my collar. The disturbance on the monitor was strigoi breaking in. Dimitri ran to Lissa's room where she and Christian were fast asleep. I joined them. With my stake in my hand, ready for anything. Okay, I'm in my last week of pregnancy but I can still fight. Poor Marco can testify to that yesterday. When I threw him over my shoulder and almost punched him in our training facility. Hans was impressed, but Dimitri was beyond furious with me for doing that. Now watching the guardians close in on the strigoi that broke in.

Lissa's hand were on my shoulder. Dimitri and I stay focused on protecting them. They come first after all. Looking out the window, watching the guardians fight like that I felt so proud of all of them. Protecting all of us like this. The fight died down and our guys are winning. When the last strigoi fell, we let Lissa and Christian go back to bed. Dimitri and I patrolled the whole house twice making double sure everything was completely safe. When I reached the dining room I felt a sharp pain, then my legs felt soaking wet. Holding on to the back of one of the dining room chairs. Pain set in almost instantly. Dimitri must have seen me on the monitors and came running to me.

'Rose?' He yelled, picking me up where I stood. 'Eddie get a car ready, Rose is in labor.' Dimitri spoke into his shirt collar microphone. We got our side and Dimitri lay me down on the back seat. I just clenched my teeth and breathed very hard as the pain set in again. Dimitri was on his phone calling the hospital then phoned our parents. The pain subsided for now and I relax a little. Dimitri was racing towards the hospital.

'Hold on Roza we are almost there.' He said whipping my damp hair from my face as he drove. A new wave of pain set in. I refuse from the start that I won't scream like the woman on TV. Besides, it doesn't do anyone any good besides that your eardrums can't handle it. We arrived at the hospital and they were already waiting for us, with a wheelchair. Dimitri carried me from the car to the chair.

Kissed my forehead then head then told me he will be right with me once he parked the car. I could only nod and I was wheeled off to the maternity wing of the hospital. They got me onto one of those beds with your legs raised above your head, and in one of those awful hospital gowns. Dimitri burst into the room with our parents following suit. Dimitri came and sat behind me, holding both my hands every now and then whipping my forehead with a nice cold cloth. I looked at our parents. Abe looks a little green.

'The mighty Abe is a bit squeamish. Are you okay daddy?' I asked one time after the pain let go for a while. He walked to my side. I was resting against Dimitri's chest.

'I'm fine honey. There's no other place I'd rather be than right here, right now.' He said and kissed my cheek. Hours passed and finally, the time arrived. I'm already so tired. At last the doctor gave me the go head to start pushing. Mom, Olena and even Abe holding cameras all over to record the birth of their grandbaby. I'm so tired but pushing with the wonderful support of my husband didn't even felt like enough. Again and again I did it and finally, my babies head is out. The grandparents oohed and aahed. I pushed a couple of times more than our baby was born.

My doctor lay my baby boy in my waiting arms. He cried his little head off. Dimitri kissed me, telling me what a great a job I did. The doctor gave Dimitri the go-ahead to cut the umbilical cord. A nurse came and took my baby from me to be cleaned, weighed and measured. The doctor still attending to me as other things were still to happen to me and 20 to 25 minutes later I was done and were being wheeled off to my room with my baby in my arms. Our boy's names is Dimitri Ibreham Belikov, is born on this day 28 November at 00:17AM.