20

I woke up still on the kitchen floor. My head is throbbing as I got up and with a struggle cleaned up the broken plate pieces. I got back to cleaning the dishes and the water was still warm. My dizziness keeps threatening to come back and I feel so weak. When I'm done, I put my earpiece back on the kitchen counter and took something for my aching head. Hearing everyone having a great time as laughter filled our house. I got the coffee water going. As the water was boiling I turned to retrieve the milk from the fridge when out of nowhere I blacked out again, I spilled the milk that was in my hand all over myself. Heard Dimitri's rushing feet came towards me then everything went so silent and completely black. Strong arms lifted me from the floor and carried me up the stairs and lay me down on our bed.

'Rose. Rose, wake up honey.' His voice calm yet I sense a hint of panic there.

'What is going on?' Olena asked rushing into our room.

'I found Rose passed out on the kitchen floor. She was really dizzy earlier.'

'Let me look her over.' Olena said and sat next to me on the bed. She is a trained nurse after all.

'Her pulse is really fast.' Then she lifted my legs apart and by the sound of her voice did not sound very good. 'Is that blood?' They both turned me over on my side and according to them, it was. Dimitri picked me up again and literally ran with me out the front door. He lay my head on someone's lap as he slams the door shut and raced off to the hospital. I came around in the middle of our drive. Looked up at Olena as she smoothes my hair back. I am so completely out of sorts, I don't know where I am at all.

'What is going on?' I asked slurring my words.

'It's okay honey, we are almost at the hospital.' Dimitri said looking back at me quickly, then back to the road ahead again.

'What- what for?' I asked out of breath. 'Why do I feel so funny?' I ramble as we came to a halt outside the hospital's ER. Dimitri got out and ran with me in his arms into the ER. Asking for help. Doctors and nurses ran around to help him. Dimitri told them everything, and then total darkness took me over yet again. Later my hearing came to and I heard doctors yelling orders all around me. Someone ordered they need to monitor my babies and I could hear both their fast beating little hearts. They are doing every kind of test on me known to man. My surroundings started to sing all around me then I was sleeping dreamless-ly.

I woke up feeling really strange. I'm alone in a room. Through the glass of my door, I could see Dimitri talking to someone very animatedly. Now, I am trying to take inventory of my body. I feel relatively okay. I am just really thirsty. Reaching for a glass of water on my nightstand. I took a few welcoming sips then put it back. Why do I feel so strange? And I am so tired to think about anything so I just fell asleep again. Opened my eyes later and straight into Dimitri's warm concerned eyes.

'Hello.' I manage to say.

'Hey. How are you feeling?'

'Tired and I really feel funny for some strange reason.' Dimitri's face started to scare me.

'When you fainted in the kitchen, your left fallopian tube burst because you carried the twins in an ectopic pregnancy and from your fall your tube burst. Doctor Walnikov tried everything in his power to save your tube but the damage was just too extensive and had no choice but to aboard the pregnancy.' As I watch my caring husband's tears ran down his face. I full out wept at this news. Dimitri climbs on my bed and held me as I kept crying till I cried myself to sleep. I'm even crying in my sleep. I was in the hospital a whole week and then Dr. Walnikov ordered me another two weeks bed rest at home till my surgery scar has been healed.

I was in a dark twisted place where I would just sit in the dark staring at nothing. Not eating or drinking much at all. Having crying fits ever so often. When my two weeks at home was over. I buried myself in my work. I only communicated when absolutely necessary. 6 months came and gone and I'm finally starting to slowly climb out of my pit of sorrow. Opening up to Dimitri little by little each day. Christian and Lissa's had a beautiful baby boy called, Eric Christian Ozra- Dragomir. He was born four months ago. I only put on a happy front for them but kept strictly to my guardian duties nothing more.