Who are we?

Trigger Warning

"Percy... can you stop working for just a moment?" Grace said for about the tenth time in the past 5 minutes.

"Grace, this is very important..." Percy said, writing something on a paper. "Can't it Wait?"

"Percy, if we have picked a wedding date for about 4 months from now, we really need to focus on this," Grace said.

"Blue then," Percy said. "Is that what you're asking?"

Grace laughed, "I'm asking for you to come over here."

Percy rolled his eyes, walking over to his fiancé, who was sitting crisscrossed on their bed with several papers around her.

Percy crouched down and looked up at her with his innocent eyes.

"Don't look so innocent," Grace said, gesturing to her three-month baby bump. "Now... I was thinking maybe these flowers with this colored ribbon."

Percy looked at it for a second, "... yeah, that's fine."

"Are you sure?" Grace asked.

"If you like it... then yes of course," Percy said.

The couple had already picked a location for their wedding, it was a small wedding venue and it was near the Leaky Caldron where the guests would be able to stay. They only had a month to finish their planning before they had to send out invitations. Then, of course, they had the baby to worry about and preparations for that, but they already decided to put on the invitation "baby gifts appreciated."

Grace smiled, "... are you excited?"

Percy paused and turned, "Why on earth would I not be excited to marry the girl I love more than anything in this world? Tied with Percy Jr. of course."

"No... absolutely not," Grace laughed. "What if it's a girl?"

"Perciva?" He smiled.

"You're crazy, Weasley," She smiled.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Grace yelled.

"How's it going?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Please explain to your son that we are not naming our baby Perciva," Grace said.

Mrs. Weasley laughed, "That's an interesting name."

"... and it's not happening," Grace said. "Sorry, Percy."

"Well... I was just checking in, goodnight then!" Mrs. Weasley smiled, Grace got off the bed and Mrs. Weasley hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Goodnight, mother," Percy said.

Grace walked to Percy and fell down on the bed, "Who knew wedding planning would be so... long."

Percy laughed, laying down next to her, "Well, when we're done, all we have to do is wait, and we'll be able to say our child was born in wedlock."

Grace slapped his chest, "It was a surprise Percy... not an accident."

"Because there's a difference..." Percy smiled.

"I'm going to bed," Grace smiled, rolling over.

Percy smiled and the lights went off.

Grace woke up quickly, a pain in her lower stomach shook her awake.

Percy woke up with a painfully tight grip on his arm, he turned over seeing Grace, sweat running down her forehead, all she could force out was a weak, "Percy."

Percy's eyes widened, he immediately picked her up, bridal style, rushing down the stairs, he tripped over one of Charlie's unused dragon cages, causing a slur of curse words from Percy's mouth, Molly and Arthur both came out of their room.

"Percy?" Molly asked.

"Grace... she's-" Percy started.

Molly immediately ran to Percy, "Come on, I'll drive you."

Percy nodded desperately, Grace groaned, and soon enough they were in the small blue car, driving to the hospital.

"Percy Weasley?" The nurse asked, walking into the waiting room.

Percy shot up, following the nurse into a room, his fiancé was sitting down, her cheeks were tear stained. Percy sat down next to her, not saying anything.

"Hello Mr. Weasley," The doctor said.

"Hello Doctor," Percy said.

"So... what happened tonight was, the fetus has... died," The doctor said.

Percy shut his eyes tightly, nodding.

"... we couldn't figure out what the cause was, it was most likely nothing," The doctor said. "Due to how early she was in the pregnancy, you will be able to try again in about 3 weeks."

"What do you suggest I do in the time being?" Grace asked.

"A lot of rest, maybe no work for a couple of days, and of course forgiveness," The doctor said. "This was not your fault, it could not have been prevented."

Grace nodded and turned to Percy.

"You will be able to check out tomorrow," The doctor said.

When Grace and Percy returned home, Charlie immediately rushed to Grace and hugged her tightly, Bill did the same.

Arthur wasn't able to talk to her, he had been off to work by the time they returned, he had already informed the ministry and they gave Percy 3 days off. Bill informed Gringotts, giving Grace as much time she needed.

When the couple was in their bedroom, Grace collapsed into the bed, making herself into a ball and crying. Percy got into the bed with her, hugging her side, resting his head in the crook of her neck.

After about 5 minutes Percy spoke, "Hey Grace... guess what?"

"What?" Grace said into the pillow.

"We're getting married in... 4 months," Percy smiled.

Grace turned and looked at him, "The hell does that have to do with anything."

"That means... that we are the couple..." Percy smirked. "We were the couple at Hogwarts... and now we're about to get married... and be the couple."

"Ok sure, Percy..." Grace said, turning around.

"Who are we?" Percy asked.

"What do you-" Grace started.

"We are bloody Grace Potter and Percy Weasley... and we're stronger than this... and we are stronger than everything, and this is just a bump," Percy said. "But... we're going to be alright."

Grace turned and faced him, she hugged him tightly, "I love you..."

"I..." Percy choked. "Love you too... Oh, this is absolutely not your fault."

Grace bit her lip and nodded, Percy, hugged tightly.

Molly and Grace were cooking in the kitchen later that week, Grace had returned to work the day before.

"You know, Grace," Molly said. "I... had a miscarriage."

"Really?" Grace asked.

"Yes... in between Charlie and Percy," Molly said.

"Oh, that's horrible, I'm sorry," Grace said.

"It wasn't all horrible, I mean, Mr. Weasley was there for me... and my mum," Molly said. "I know your mum isn't here... but I am, and I don't care what they say, you are my daughter darling."

"Oh Mrs. Weasley," Grace choked.

"... and you've got a good one," Molly said. "Percy has his... difficult times, but you keep him in check, and it reminds me of keeping Arthur in check."

Grace laughed, "Thank you, Mrs. Weasley."