Explanations

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Grace screamed. "YOU AND YOUR DAD TOOK ME TO THAT ORPHANAGE AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME?!"

"I couldn't!" Bill said.

"BULL... SHIT!" Grace yelled. "You couldn't have mentioned that you separated me from my brother unwillingly or took me to some orphanage. Or maybe even that you saved me?!"

"Grace... we couldn't!" Bill said. "If I told you then someone could find out! Which could eventually lead to bad people finding out. You saw what happened at the Quidditch World Cup!"

"I did..." Grace said, getting off of Bill. "Why would they want me?"

"You were a witness..." Bill said. "If they knew you were alive, they would kill you."

Grace paused and looked at Bill seriously, "Are you serious?" Bill nodded. "I need to write Percy about this."

She walked around the room, grabbing a quill and paper.

"No, no, no, no," The man said. "No writing to Percy."

"So you're expecting me to hide this from him?" Grace asked.

"Yes..." The man said, as if it were obvious.

"I've never not told Percy anything," Grace said. "He's my best friend, I have to tell him. What if I made him promise not to tell them?"

"Would you take that risk?" Bill asked. "Did you read the letter Charlie sent?"

"Charlie sent a letter?" Grace asked, genuinely confused.

"Two..." Bill said.

"Oh God..." Grace said. "What did it say?"

"Percy's going mental..." Bill said. "He has poor mum wrapped around his finger. All he talks about is his job. He told the ministry that Charlie had worked with an illegal dragon at one point. Charlie had to pay a huge fine. He's putting his work before family."

"He'd never do that to me," Grace said. "He wouldn't..."

"Maybe wait to tell him in person then..." Bill said. "Just to be safe."

Grace nodded, "He's in big trouble when I get home."