Scared

When Percy heard about his father being attacked he was completely torn. If he went to visit him, he could risk being seen by one of his siblings who would tell him off. But it was his father after all, despite the circumstances he still loved his father a great deal and was grateful for having him.

"Where are you off to?" Audrey asked.

"Oh um..." Percy rubbed the back of his neck. "I have to pick up my owl... he's swallowed my keys..."

"Aren't those your k-"

"GOODBYE AUDREY HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!" Percy apparated away quickly.

When he got to his flat Hermes started his daily squawking routine.

"DO YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY EAT THE BLOODY KEYS HERMES? I DONT THINK YOU DO!" He yelled, shoving his keys in Hermes face.

Hermes rolled his eyes and flew out the window.

"Hey! Be back by 9 tonight!" Percy yelled. "None of this 10:30 shit!"

Hermes squawked as a response. Percy rolled his eyes and grabbed his keys, he put on a heavy coat and shoved them into his pocket. He apparated to the hospital, there were a few redheads standing outside a door, Percy held his breath and sat down in one of the many chairs in the lobby.

"Down here! That's what your mum said," Grace and Charlie apparated to the lobby.

Charlie and Grace walked down the hallway together, Charlie's hand resting on Graces back.

"Shithead," Percy muttered, turning his head slightly to see the two enter the room.

He put on his hat, covering his red, curly hair. He shoved on his reading glasses and turned up his coat collar. After Grace and Charlie walked out of the room they talked with Molly for a while. Percy saw his moment to walk in and walked through the hallway. He didn't glance at his family, all distracted by the situation itself. He walked into the room and closed the door silently.

"Molly?" Arthur groaned.

"Oh no it's-" Percy cleared his throat, getting his mock Charlie voice ready. "Charlie, d-dad."

"Oh..." Arthur kept his eyes closed, still not fully adjusted to the hospital lighting. "So you and Grace are..."

"No no no, absolutely not," Percy said. "Um... how are you feeling?"

"Since two minutes ago?" Arthur chuckled, Percy chuckled as well. "Honestly? Close to death... don't tell your mother or your brothers but I'm feeling horrible, Charlie."

"Oh," he said, reverting back to his normal voice, he coughed quickly. "I'm so sorry, dad."

"It's alright... have you heard from Percy yet?" Arthur asked.

Percy's eyes widened, "Oh um... no... not yet."

"God dammit," Arthur muttered. "I really wish he'd come back. Poor kid, I just want him to come back so I can say sorry. You know... I know he doesn't think you-know-who has returned. But... if I knew that he didn't feel like I fit I'd... I would've gone about the situation better. I've always wanted him to succeed... I'm so proud of him. You understand don't you Charlie?"

Percy's jaw dropped, "I'm sorry as well."

"Now why would you be sorry? You're making Grace feel happier... helping with your mum, you're a good kid," Arthur said.

"Right..." Percy said. "I've got to go..."

"Really?" Arthur asked.

"Oh... just outside," Percy said.

"Alright, see you later son," Arthur said, he opened his eyes quickly and saw Percy standing in his room. "Percy?"

Percy apparated away.

"Arthur?" Grace peaked her head in.

"I-it was Percy!" Arthur exclaimed.

"What are you talking about?" Grace asked. "He's not here."

"Oh... I swear I saw him, only... his glasses were on," Arthur said.

"You must be seeing things, he never wears his glasses... only when he's scared."