Chapter 4

Chapter 4: "And in the middle of my chaos, there was you."

I never thought this would ever happen. Never in a million years did I imagine I would get to live under the same roof with Shin. Dad had to go to Cebu and stay there for a month because of work. 

I sighed dreamily as I looked around my princess-like room which tita Shelley gave to me. I specifically liked the big butterflies design on the ceiling. It was just so wonderful!

A knock on the door pulled me out of my dreamy state

A knock on the door pulled me out of my dreamy state. Ang nakangiting mukha ni tita Shelley ang napagbuksan ko. 

"Dinalhan kita ng snacks," nakangiting ibinaba niya sa bedside table ang tray ng pagkain. 

"Thank you po, tita."

She pinched my cheek fondly. "You're so adorable. You know I'm so happy that you're here with us now. I finally have someone I can bond with," she said as she hugged me. "By the way, do you like your room? If there are any changes you want to make just tell me."

Mabilis akong umiling. "I love it po, tita. It's so beautiful. Feel na feel ko po ang pagiging prinsesa!" I said, giggling.

She chuckled. "You are our princess."

I was about to go downstairs when I noticed that the door of the entertainment room was slightly ajar. Lumapit ako at sumilip sa loob. My eyes twinkled at the sight of him. Walang pag-aatubiling pumasok ako at umupo sa tabi niya. 

"What are you watching?"

He answered without even glancing at me, and it made me pout. Ang suplado talaga, I thought. I tried concentrating on the film but since it was a genre that I've never liked, scifi, I failed. Feeling ko pang-matalino lang talaga ang mga ganitong movie. 

I sighed and watched him instead, and it was way so much fun for me! His elbow was on the arm rest of the couch, and his head was resting on his palm. He was crossed legs. Napangiti ako habang pasimple ko siyang pinagmamasdan. I was so fascinated with that serious expression on his face. 

"Stop staring."

My eyes widened and I quickly looked away. "I'm not staring!"

Slowly he turned to look at me, and gave me a blank look. I felt my face heating up. One look and I was lost.

"Matutulog na nga lang ako," anas ko.

"Much better."

I made a face and headed for the door. Pero tumigil din ako at muli siyang nilingon. "Shin," mahinang tawag ko sa kanya. 

He sighed. "What?" 

"I'm happy." He turned his head to look at me. His forehead was creased a bit. Kumibot-kibot ang labi ko. Nagda-dalawang isip sa susunod kong sasabihin.