Chapter 28

Chapter 28: "I remember that it hurt. Looking at her hurt." Stuck In Love

"Are you out of your mind!" Ally exclaimed. Hindi ako kumibo. "You befriended your enemy! Seriously!" She scoffed.

Lindy came with Shin to the university, and they dropped by at the tennis court a while ago. She was happy to see me and even invited me for dinner. Initially, I refused for I can't afford to be in the same place as Shin yet. After the incident, he and I.. are not the same anymore. We've gone from bad to worst. 

"What's the problem? She's nice."

"She's your enemy!"

I grimaced. "She's not my enemy."

"Fine. A competition. She obviously likes your Shin."

I looked away. "They're just.. friends," I muttered.

She made a face. "Oh please. You don't even sound certain enough to convince yourself." Hindi ako kumibo. "We both know that annoying girl likes Kenshin! I'm pretty sure of that. I'm right, am I not David?" baling niya sa lalaking tahimik lang na nakaupo sa tabi ko at nanonood ng practice match ni Duke at ni Amy.

"Well.. yeah, you are," he said then turned to me. "That girl digs Kenshin. What are you gonna do about it?"

I sighed. 

All of a sudden, Ally held my shoulders and made me face her. "You know what? I think being 'friends' with your enemy or competition whatever is actually not a bad idea." My forehead creased that prompted her to roll her eyes. "Duh. Keep your friends close, and your enemy closer! You're having dinner with her later, right?"

"Oo."

She smirked. "It's your chance to ruin her hope of them being together. Crush her hope into tiny pieces. Make sure she won't even think of confessing to him."

My eyes widened. "No, I can't do that."

"You're evil," tumatawang komento ni David.

"Shut up, David. You're not helping."

"Vice captain, remember, Ally?"

She sneered. "Do I look like I care?" Natatawang napailing na lang si David. Seryosong bumaling sa akin si Ally. "I know you're not a bitch like me, but Tam, you're gonna lose your Shin to that goody-two-shoes if you don't do something."

Hindi ako agad nakaimik. I know Ally is right; there's a big possibility that Shin will fall for Lindy. Why not? She's so nice. Not to mention, beautiful and smart. Siya yung ka-level ni Shin na laging sinasabi ng mga nakapaligid sa amin.

"He's not my Shin anymore," I said above whisper.

Her eyes widened. "What! You mean to say you haven't talked to him yet?" 

I shook my head. "Sinubukan ko pero diba nga?" itinuro ko ng tingin si Duke na eksaktong palapit na rin sa amin.

"Tamara. Ally, go to the court. Practice time!" Tumayo si Ally at tinaasan ng kilay si Duke at inirapan. The latter was taken by surprised. "Anong ginawa ko don?"

David just chuckled. Ako naman ay nagmadali ng sumunod kay Ally. 

Lindy picked me up from school and took me to a fancy restaurant. Nag-alinlangan pa ako dahil sa suot ko. Naka long sleeves polo at ripped jeans ako. But she said it didn't matter. Nalula ako sa presyo ng mga pagkain. I suggested another restaurant which is a lot cheaper, but she said it was her treat. I insisted on going dutch, but she was quite persistent.