Chapter 25

Chapter 25: "You're supposed to break up with someone because you're not in love with them. Not because you're completely in love with them!" If I stay

Why are there so many red cars here in the parking lot! I kept on knocking on the window of every red car. Hindi ko na iniinda kahit nawi-wirduhan na sa akin ang mga may-are ng sasakyan na kinakatok ko.

"Ally!" I called, banging on the window.

The rolled down, but it wasn't Ally but Duke. "Tamara?" I almost groaned. Of all people why does it have to be him! "What are you doing knocking on every car?"

I grimaced. "Just red car." Kumunot ang noo niya. I scratched my forehead. "H-hinahanap ko si Ally."

"Ally? Do you see the red car over there?" aniya na itinuturo ang pulang kotse sa dulo. "That's Ally's car, and I think she's inside. Nakita ko siyang dumaan kanina."

"Captain! Thank you! Thank you talaga!"

Tinakbo ko na ang sasakyan sa dulo. Wala akong inaksayang oras at binuksan agad ang pinto. Walang paalam akong sumakay. Ally turned harshly to me wide-eyed. 

"My gosh, Tamara! You scared me!" she exclaimed holding her chest.

"I've been looking for you! Ang laki ng parking lot, sa dulo mo pa talaga naisipan mag-park!" 

"Dahil malilim dito kapag hapon dahil sa puno. Teka nga, what do you want from me?" kunot-noong tanong niya.

Bigla akong tumahimik. I hadn't thought about this before coming to see here. Paano ko ba siya tatanungin? I breathed out harshly. I glanced at her. Itinaas niya ang kilay sa akin. 

"Speak up. I have a lot of things to do, you know?"

Bahala na nga! "I h-heard you told Maya that you and S-Shin met by chance on Saturday?" 

Her forehead creased. "Yes. So?"

"I-is it true?"

She opened her mouth to speak, but then she snapped it shut again as she seemed to realized something. Her mouth curved into a smirk. "Oh my gosh. Don't tell me you thought Kenshin and I went out on a date?" Hindi ako nakakibo. Bigla na lang siyang natawa. "You are hilarious! Gosh! Where did you get that absurd idea!"

"So, you d-didn't?"

She raised her brow. "What if we did?"

My shoulders sagged. "So.. y-you really did?"

She breathed out harshly and rolled her eyes. "You're no fun! Why did Kenshin even fall for you! If I were his girlfriend and another girl said that to my face, I would freakin' give her hell! I wouldn't sit there looking like a lost puppy!"

Hindi ako kumibo. She leaned against her car seat and glanced at me. "We didn't, okay?" she said with a sigh. Napatingin ako sa kanya. She rolled her eyes again. "As if he would take me out on a date."

Hindi ako nakaimik. "I.. I got jealous. I mean, while I was away, you two were always together. Kahit nung bumalik na ako lagi pa rin kayong magkasama."

Umismid siya. "While you were away, he was only focused on his studies and.. you," she said, glancing at me. "I never once saw him look at other girls. And you said, you're jealous because we're always together? Do you know what we always talk about?"

"Group projects. Studies. Clinical trials. Reports." Pagak siyang natawa. "We rarely talk about other stuff. And when we do, it's about you. That guy always wonders about you. When you were in Cebu, he didn't say it- well, he didn't have to, but he always missed you."