1. The New Job

ELIZABETH'S POV

Right.

This is it.

My first day.

The lift pinged open as a glare of orange momentarily blinded me. I stepped out into the office, only to be faced with complete and utter chaos. Phones ringing, people shouting, pushing past each other.

The only thing that made me concentrate and keep from fainting was a voice from the centre of the room, if you could call it that, it was huge.

‘Zivaaaa,’ it whined, ‘when’s the new agent getting here?’

I looked over to find the source of the whine, but couldn’t as they’d stopped talking by then. It was definitely male, though that hardly narrowed it down, as most agents in here were male. I am all for women doing ‘mens’ jobs, and it really bugs me when you see a place like this, with hardly any women in it.

Then the voice came again.

‘I really hope it’s a woman, Ziva, maybe it would make you more feminine. You could really use it-‘,the voice cut off as a whistling sound cut through the air.

And I literally mean ‘cut’. I saw a knife lodge in a pin board behind a fairly good looking guy, maybe in his thirties, with short brown hair.

He was sitting in the area I was meant to be working in, according to the map I’d acquired in Reception.

I walked, or should I say manoeuvred, my way over.

Going up to the guy, I asked him,

‘Hey do you know where Special Agent Gibbs is?’

‘Sure,’ he said, getting up, ‘what do you need?’

Is this Gibbs? I thought. Huh. Thought he’d be older.

‘Well, this is my first day, am I meant to be working with you guys?’ I asked, meaning him, the woman sitting opposite him, and another guy sitting opposite an empty desk next to them.

The woman seemed to be the same age as the first guy, maybe a bit younger, and the second guy younger still.

But he looked vaguely familiar. The short brown hair, pale blue eyes, slightly chubby cheeks.

After hearing his colleague speak, he looked over, and was currently staring at me. I just put it to the fact I had one of those faces that everyone recognised, as I was constantly being told.

‘So you’re the new agent, huh?’ the first guy said, bringing my attention back to him. ‘I’m Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo, but you can call me Tony,’ he said, holding out his hand.

Me, being the polite person I am, and was brought up to be, shook it.

‘I’m Elizabeth, I have many nicknames, so take your pick.’ I joked.

‘And I am Special Agent Ziva David,’ the woman said, holding out her hand as well, so I shook it. ‘Do not take any notice of Tony, he will only try to make you uncomfortable,’ she said knowingly, with a kind smile. She had curly deep brown hair, almost black, and tan skin. I had a feeling she was Middle Eastern, maybe Israel, judging by her accent.

‘Thanks for the advice,’ I said, giving her a genuine smile. I really felt like I was going to fit in here.

Finally I turned to the other guy, who started to speak.

‘I’m Agent McGee, but call me Tim, or McGee, whichever you’re comfortable with,’ he said quickly, as if he was nervous he’d say the wrong thing. Even his name sounded familiar, but I just brushed it off.

‘Hi Tim,’ I said shaking his hand as well. Damn my arm was going to be sore by the end of the day.

‘You’re not from here, are you?’ Tony said.

‘No I’m British, I just moved here,’ I told him.

‘Oh, nice, what part?’ said Tim.

‘You’ve been there before?’ I asked.

He nodded.

‘South east of England, small town near Reading called Wokin-‘

‘Wokingham?’ Tim finished.

‘Yeah how did you know?’ I wondered, since my home town wasn’t really a tourist hot spot.

‘I’ve been there, years ago, and I had a really good friend for the summer I was there. What was her name? Oh yeah, Ellie…’ he trailed off, staring at me again.

‘Wait. Ellie? Oh my god, is that you?’ He exclaimed.

I did a double take.

‘Timmy? Oh my god it really is you, that’s why you looked familiar!’ I said, rushing up to him and throwing my arms around his neck, as memories of that long ago summer heatwave rushed through my mind. Picnics, beach trips, cycling, and generally mucking about.

‘Woah, what just happened?’ Tony asked, looking really confused.

Ziva was smiling.

‘I think, McGee just found a long lost friend.’

Hey guys please tell me what you think and if i should upload any more? I'm not sure if it's any good but I love writing so please let me know, and maybe vote if you want? thank youuuuuuu :)