Chapter 40

Lizzie POV

Ziva was shocked. I think we all were. Tony and Ziva had been really good friends for a long while (although they sometimes had a funny way of showing it) so we all expected them to get together. We just didn’t expect Abby to be the one to hurry it along, or, well, this to happen so soon.

Ziva looked around at us all, as if she was almost asking permission. When she saw us all smiling, especially Dad, she seemed to relax. ‘Of course I will, Tony. I love you so much,’ she beamed, with tears in her eyes.

Tony was overjoyed, and after putting the diamond on Ziva’s finger, stood up and twirled her around in his arms, kissing her softly.

‘Awww!’ Abby squealed, and then turned to Tim with a serious look. ‘Now it’s your turn, McGee.’

‘Not without my permission it’s not,’ Dad piped up, trying not to smile at Tim’s flustered face and demeanour.

I just laughed. ‘Hey, don’t worry, McMuffin. I’m not expecting a rock just yet!’

‘Talking of rocks…’ I continued as I turned to Ziva and took her hand. ‘Look at the size of that thing! You have good taste, DiNozzo.’

‘Thanks a lot! It was worth it,’ he said, wrapping his arm around Ziva’s waist and kissed the top of her head.

‘Tony, Gibbs, McGee and Ducky! Inside, now!’ Abby called out, and we all looked at her like she was crazy. ‘What? Us girls have special wedding things to discuss!’

The guys groaned and reluctantly agreed to go inside.

‘Don’t worry, I won’t let her talk me into wanting to get married yet,’ I joked as I gave Tim a kiss on the cheek. ‘We won’t be long. Actually, no. I won’t be long. Abby will be talking Ziva’s ear off until tomorrow.’

‘See you later, marsbar,’ he laughed softly, giving me a small hug before going inside. Abby patted the chair next to her.

‘So, Ziva, when and where do you want your wedding? Colour schemes? Who’s going to be your maid of honour? Bridesmaids?’ Abby rattled off, as if she had a checklist in her head.

‘Abby! I only just got engaged! I don’t think I would have thought about this yet!’ Ziva tried to stop her.

‘Hey, if Abby’s hinting at maid of honour, I don’t mind,’ I said, sipping some of Ducky’s wine. Which, after all the commotion, was actually pretty good.

‘Really?’ Abby’s face lit up.

‘Well, I guess that’s the hardest decision sorted, the rest should be a diddle!’ Ziva said.

‘Be a doddle, Ziva,’ I laughed.

‘What about you, Lizzie? Expecting anything from Tim anytime soon?’ Abby smirked.

‘What? No! We’re fine at the moment, and anyway, I wouldn’t want to steal Ziva’s thunder. I think Tim feels the same, so if it does happen, it’ll probably be after your wedding,’ I nodded to Ziva.

For the rest of the night, until around 1am, we chatted about everything wedding. Well, Abby chatted about everything wedding. Ziva replied and I corrected her when she got words wrong. I didn’t really realise what the time was until Tim came outside and told us that Ducky was heading off, so we should probably get going.

‘We’ve got tomorrow and then it’s back to work, so we should get some rest,’ he said, finishing off his drink. He’d only had a small glass of alcohol, and then lemonade and Coke afterwards, so he could drive. I, however, had been sipping away at whatever was on the counter inside, and may have been slightly out of it.

‘But, Timmyyy,’ I said like a small child. ‘I don’t wanna go home,’ I pouted.

‘Well you need to, because the less sleep you get, the crankier you’ll be in the morning,’ he said, holding on to my arm.

‘I’m not cranky!’ I giggled. ‘You’re the cranky one, acting like my dad! And on the subject, goodnight, Dad!’ I said, hugging him tight, as well as Ziva, Tony and Abby.

‘Tim, make sure she gets rest, okay? Stay safe on the way home,’ Gibbs pulled Tim aside for a second before we left.

‘Of course, Gibbs. She’s completely safe,’ he smiled.

Once we got home, I collapsed onto the bed. I was cosy, because Ducky had a friend who knitted and he’d bought a gorgeous dark green jumper off of them for my Christmas present.

‘Merry Christmas, marsbar, sleep well,’ Tim said as he turned off the light.

A/N: so it's a bit shorter than the others, but i know people wanted to know Ziva's reaction, and i hope it was okay :) Comment what you think? :) x Dedication to carryn_ becasue she is so sweet and messaged me about this story :D