Chapter 37

Ziva POV

Why was I feeling so nervous? I had been on dates before, why was this one so different? It was a very nice restaurant Abby was driving me to. An Italian. But that only made me think of… of Tony.

I almost felt guilty at the thought of going on a blind date when I see the person I want to go on a date with every day.

‘Hey, Ziva?’ Abby snapped me from my thoughts.

‘Hm? Sorry, I was away with the pixies,’ I apologised.

‘Don’t worry about it. And it’s fairies. Away with the fairies,’ Abby smiled as she pulled the Dodge into the parking lot of the Osteria Morini. The warm glow coming from inside made the cool November air send a chill down my spine, especially in this dress.

I waved to Abby once I’d managed to get out of the car and walked inside. The heat from the roaring fire in the corner made the posh, delicate restaurant seem cosy and homely. There was a stand where a waiter was ready to take you to your seat.

‘I have a reservation for two?’ I asked the young waiter who looked incredibly bored.

‘Name?’ he said in a monotone voice.

‘I think it would be under Sciuto,’ I told him.

He nodded, checked the list and ushered me to my seat.

‘Your dinner partner is already here,’ he told me.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was.

Tony POV

McGeek had been fussing over my bow tie all afternoon, adamant that it would make the girl I was meeting more attracted, but I didn’t think it mattered. So I ditched the damn think outside as soon as he drove off.

Eight forty five rolled around and I was starting to suspect that she wasn’t all that interested, if she was almost twenty minutes late.

A fairly tall, tan woman walked in, with her hair pulled back and waved lightly. I could tell she’d look even better from the front, especially in that dress.

My heart skipped a beat when Ziva turned around. Yeah, Ziva. Her eyes widened as well when she noticed me sitting at a small candlelight table in the corner.

‘Fancy seeing you here, Ziva,’ I greeted her when she walked over.

‘Likewise, Tony,’ she said, smiling. ‘I believe we have been set up.’

‘Who set you up, then?’ I asked her. If this was all McGee’s idea, he’d be in trouble.

‘Abby and Lizzie, you?’ she said, taking a small sip of the water already on the table.

‘Abby and McGee… I think I notice a similar culprit…’ I smiled back.

‘Oh well, why don’t we just enjoy the evening? I’ve been here before, they have very good food,’ she replied, as the same waiter came over with the menus.

‘Mr DiNozzo, Miss David,’ he said, as he handed them to each of us.

I looked at Ziva, who had the same thought covering her face. How did he know our names? The table was booked in Abby’s name…

Until I looked properly at the ‘kid’s’ face, and recognised him from the wall I see every day behind Ziva. He was on our most wanted list. I nodded slightly to my date, as I drew my gun.

‘Federal agent! On the ground!’ I yelled.

He turned to run, but Ziva’s had already snuck behind him as she drew her gun from a holster on her leg.

‘I would not do that if I were you,’ she walked him backwards into my waiting handcuffs.

‘Ziva, would you mind calling Gibbs?’ I asked, trying to make the handcuffs as tight and painful as possible. I knew about this guy, and he didn’t deserve any better.

‘I would, but…’ she trailed off, her chocolate eyes wandering to the swarm of police cars outside. Ziva and I both drew our badges, and in union, said ‘Federal agents.’ They backed off right away, as Ziva managed to get a hold of Gibbs on the phone.

‘Gibbs?...Yes, we’re fine… You might want to come down to the Osteria Morini?... We have a suspect you may want to take in… We’ll see you soon,’ and she ended she call.

Five minutes later, the boss turned up. In a Mustang.

‘Uh, boss? Where’s the car from?’ was my first question as he walked in.

‘Not now, DiNozzo,’ he said, slapping the back of my head.

‘Sorry, boss,’ I said automatically.

He got the perp into the car and drove to the office, which wasn’t that far away.

‘So, shall we continue our date now?’ I said, offering Ziva my arm.

‘We shall,’ she smiled, taking it and walking inside. The manager of the small restaurant came over to our table once we’d sat back down, the natural atmosphere of the place returning.

‘Thank you so much for your work! I ‘ave had my suspicions about that boy for a while now… Take your meals on the house! I don’t want any money from you!’ he said, in a classic Italian accent.

‘Are you sure?’ Ziva seemed concerned that the older man was too shaken up to think straight.

‘Of course, of course,’ he brushed it off and walked away. Ziva only shrugged.

‘What you having, Zi?’ I asked her.

Ziva POV

‘Hmmm… the bruschetta I think. And you?’ I said as I placed my menu delicately on the pristine tablecloth.

‘Do you have to ask?’ Tony smiled.

‘Let me guess… the meatiest pizza on the menu?’ I asked, imitating his voice, only greatly exaggerating. Tony just laughed and told our orders to the new waiter.

‘Could we have a bottle of the Brunello de Montalcino?’ he said.

‘Of course, sir,’ he smiled.

‘Tony! That is an expensive bottle of wine!’ I was shocked.

‘It’s worth it,’ he said sweetly.

The rest of the evening went very well, and we found we had so much to talk about. Including Tim and Lizzie’s date.

‘Well, we knew it was going to happen,’ Tony said.

‘You know Abby took us shopping this morning? And Gibbs bought everything?’ I told him.

'You are his girls, I think he likes it. Ever since we found out Lizzie was his daughter, he seems… well, nicer,’ he fake whispered, as if he was afraid someone would report him to Gibbs.

It started to get late, and we’d finished our food, sharing a traditional Italian ice cream after, Tony managing to drop a spoonful of strawberry on his trousers.

‘Would you like me to drop you off home?’ Tony asked as we were walking out.

‘That would be nice, thank you,’ I smiled. ‘I think Tim would have taken Lizzie home, and Abby has probably crammed at Gibbs’ house.’

‘Crashed, Ziva. Crashed at his house,’ he laughed.

It was a wonderful night.

A/N: so yay for all the tiva readers! comment what you think? :)