Chapter 25

I came to, I don’t know how long after I’d been knocked out.

My throat burned and, as I tried to call out to Tim, my voice wouldn’t work. I shuffled around as much as I could to make a noise, without blacking out again.

‘Lizzie? Lizzie! You’re awake! It’s been hours, I weren’t sure you were gonna wake up,’ he sounded like he was starting to tear up.

‘Lizzie? What’s wrong, can’t you talk?’ he sounded even more worried.

I lifted my head as much as I could without going dizzy and slowly shook my head.

‘Damn it! I should have done something!’ he growled. This was the most angry I’d ever seen him, and it was because he couldn’t… protect me…

I gave him a questioning look.

He sighed.

‘A little after you blacked out, the guy with the scar and another, new guy, came in. They poured this stuff down your throat. They didn’t tell me what it was, but it had one of those chemical symbols on it, like the ones from Abby’s lab,’ he hung his head.

I had to stamp my foot to get his attention. I gave him another questioning look.

‘What did it look like?’ he asked.

I nodded.

‘Well, it was orange with a black cross, but no little ‘T’ in the corner, do you know what that means?’

I nodded, a little meekly. I did know what that meant.

‘Okay, um… toxic?’ I shook my head.

‘Corrosive?’ I shook my head again.

He looked relieved.

‘Harmful?’ I nodded.

‘Well, I guess that’s good. All things considered,’ he said.

Fair enough.

‘Morning, sweetheart!’ Snake Eyes walked in.

I shot him the filthiest glare I could manage, through matted, bloody hair. My busted lip was crusty with dried blood.

‘Aren’t you a pretty thing? I’m not so sure your boyfriend over here still thinks so though,’ he pondered.

‘Oi! Alex! In here now!’ he shouted.

Alex? I’d never seen an Alex down here before.

The man walked in a moment later. He was tall, with slightly tanned, Hispanic maybe, skin, and dark hair. And then I recognised him.

Tim must have seen the shocked look on my face, or what he could see of it, and looked closer at the guy. His eyes widened when he saw the man we were meant to be going to see.

Detective Alejandro Rivera. Alex.

There has to be some way Gibbs will suspect him, now that he’s obviously not in Mexico. Come to think of it, we might actually be in Mexico. It’s definitely hot enough, even in this stone room.

Gibbs’ POV

‘DiNozzo! Get me Detective Rivera’s profile on the screen. DINOZZO!’ I shouted at the sleeping man.

He woke up with a start.

‘Yeah Boss?’ he slurred.

‘Get. Me. Rivera’s. Profile. NOW.’

‘On it, Boss,’ he replied.

A moment later, Ziva came up to me with the remote.

‘Detective Alejandro Rivera. He-,’ she started, before I interrupted.

Alejandro?’ I asked.

‘Um, yes? Did I say it wrong?’ Ziva asked.

‘No, Ziva. Get the Chief of Detectives in Mexico City in MTAC, now,’ I ordered, and walked up to Jenny’s office.

Director. Did you have any idea who the Detective was we were supposed to be meeting was?’ I asked.

‘Uh, a detective?’ she smirked slightly.

I beckoned her back down to the bullpen.

When we got there, I pointed to the plasma.

‘Recognise him, Director?’

She looked just as shocked as I felt.

‘Uh, Gibbs? The Chief of Detectives is unavailable, he is investigating a disappearance of a detective,’ Ziva told me.

‘What detective? Two federal agents should be more important.’

She spoke on the phone for a moment, in Spanish.

‘Detective Alejandro Rivera.’

I was fuming.

A/N: OHMYGOD IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG!!!!
i hope you enjoy this! Vote comment follow!