Chapter 15

Lizzie POV

‘Um, Lizzie? What’s your mom’s name?’ Abby asked me.

‘Sophia, why?’ I told her.

‘It’s just that, I compared your DNA to your mom’s as well, and we had two profiles come up,’ she replied.

‘Wait, so you found my real dad?’ I asked her.

She nodded.

I didn’t know whether to be immensely excited or nervous or whether I actually wanted to know or not.

‘Tim, do you know?’ I asked him quietly.

‘No…. You know as much as I do right now,’ he replied, slightly faintly.

We were walking down towards Abby’s lab, (my legs were now working properly and I didn't need the crutches) and I started to feel strange, sort of light headed and dizzy.

‘Tim…’ I whispered as everything was cloaked in darkness.

THREE HOURS LATER

I woke up on Abby’s futon (again) with both Tim and Abby’s faces directly above mine, so I nearly screamed.

I sat bolt upright and

All of a sudden, black spots swam in front of my vision and I felt dizzy all over again, until I felt a gentle hand on my back, helping me lay back down until I felt remotely normal again.

‘Tim, have you seen the results,’ I asked, keeping my voice level.

He sighed.

‘Yeah, I have, and now you probably want to see them too? I know you’re not going to let me get away with knowing and not you,’ he said with a light smile.

‘Okay then, let’s have it,’ I tried to look as positive as possible.

We walked into the main lab to see the results on the screen.

On there, were four blank rectangles. Three on the top half of the screen and one on the bottom. The top two on the left were connected by a line, which was perpendicular to the rectangle underneath it. The one on the right of the two on the top was connected only by a dash, to show the alternate identity of my mum, that Abby had supposedly found.

‘First of all, Lizzie, I want to show you a picture of someone. Tell me if you recognise them,’ Abby told me.

On the screen, in place of the rectangles, a picture of Kadyn popped up, her passport photo. I knew because we always made fun of each other’s morbid looking faces.

‘Yeah, that’s my sister, Kadyn, why?’ I told her.

‘Um, okay, I’ll tell you afterwards,’ Abby answered as she clicked again and the rectangles popped up again.

In the one on the bottom, my NCIS ID photo filled the rectangle.

On the one connected to ‘me’ to the right, my mum’s photo popped up, the one from her driving license.

‘Lizzie, the next two will come up at the same time, okay?’ Abby made sure I was ready.

I only nodded, I didn’t trust myself to speak.

As Abby clicked once more, the system bleeped and the photos came up.

On the one that was supposed to be my mother’s ‘alternate identity’, another, younger picture of her filled the space.

But on the one remaining rectangle, the last person I would expect to see, popped up on the screen.

Gibbs.

I felt like fainting all over again. This wasn’t happening, this was just a misunderstanding, a malfunction in the system.

I felt that if I kept telling myself that, then everything would be back to normal, Toby would still be my dad, no matter what, and Gibbs would just be ‘Bossman’ again.

Just as I thought, my vision started to fuzz again, and I went dizzy, before I was out cold.

McGee POV

Considering the information Lizzie just had to digest, I wasn’t surprised by her reaction. It was actually the best case scenario, it could have gone a lot worse.

Before she hit the hard, cold floor, I managed to catch her.

She looked so child-like and innocent when she, well, wasn’t awake, like she hadn’t seen the war, and she was like any other 19 year old.

‘Abby, take my keys. I’m going to carry her to the garage, and I’m going to drive her back to my place, tell Gibbs I’m ill and Lizzie drove me home,’ I told her.

Abby grabbed the Porsche keys from my hands and lead me to the elevator after I picked Lizzie up off of the floor, after checking that no-one was coming.

When we got down the garage, Abby unlocked my car and opened the door so I could place Lizzie in the front seat and do up her belt.

‘Thanks Abbs,’ I said, giving her a quick hug.

‘It’s nothing, just make sure you look after her,’ she told me.

A/N: ooooh kinda cliffhanger, tell me what you think! was it too rushed or was it okay?

vote comment follow! :)