Chapter 31

Lizzie POV

Abby came rushing into my hospital room, and grabbed me into an incredibly tight hug. Which was also incredibly painful.

‘Abbs… Can’t breathe… In agony here…’ I managed to get out.

She looked horrified.

‘Oh my gosh, Lizzie, I’m so sorry! I just can’t believe you two are finally together!’ she squealed.

Behind her, I could see Tony and Ziva muddling with their hands, and Tony passing something to her.

‘Ah, ah, ah, what was that? Ziva, show me what’s in your hand,’ I raised an eyebrow, and gave them my stern look.

I managed to make Ziva look sheepish, and Tony downright went tomato. Taking her hand from her pocket, she showed me a twenty dollar note.

‘You bet on this?! When did this happen?’ I exclaimed.

‘The day after you got here…’ Tony mumbled.

I was speechless. Did they seriously think that because me and Tim knew each other from years ago, we’d end up being together now? Well, I guess it did happen, but they didn’t have to assume!

‘So,’ Tim whispered to me, once everyone had calmed down. ‘Does this mean you’re going to be spending more time at my apartment?’ he asked, smiling down at me.

‘I guess that depends,’ I replied, and he looked questioning.

‘Do you have a spare parking space outside?’

McGee POV

‘What do you mean?’ I asked her. ‘You don’t need a whole spot for your bike.’

‘No,’ she replied. ‘But I’ve been thinking. About getting a car. It’s safer, and I don’t want to wreck my bike, like Toby did…’ her face fell.

‘Toby… Toby? Where is he? Is he okay? Please say he’s okay?!’ she started to panic, alerting everyone in the room.

‘Lizzie. Lizzie, stay calm,’ I grabbed her shoulders and brushed her curls away from her face.

‘Sweetie, stay calm,’ I used the soothing voice I used to use with Sarah when she got upset. ‘Lizzie, he’s in intensive care, he was hit pretty bad. You know, before Gibbs got Craig,’ I assured her as best I could.

‘Gibbs…?’ she whispered, her breathing slowing, as her eyes settled on the figure of her father in the doorway.

‘Gibbs,’ she said again as he made his way to her bedside. ‘Tell me you killed him, that he’s dead. Tell me you shot that son of a bitch in the heart,’ she seethed, the memories of the last couple of weeks flooding back to her.

‘Yeah, sweetie, he’s dead. He’s not gonna hurt anyone anymore,’ he told her as he rubbed her back softly, calming her down.

‘And Rivera?’ she asked him again, looking him straight in the eye. He looked away.

‘He got away. He managed to slip the two guys holding him, we don’t know where he is,’ he managed to tell her.

Lizzie looked all around the room, tears filling her eyes again. This was too much for anyone to handle, especially a girl who’s barely twenty.

Her eyes settled on the TV set in the corner of the room.

‘Timmy, hand me the remote,’ she seemed distant, concentrating on the picture.

I handed it to her, and she turned up the volume.

‘… A mother and daughter have been found dead in their home, in England. The house was reportedly set fire to by an unknown arsonist. When the fire had been put out, a Mexican flag was found outside the house…’

Lizzie started to panic again.

‘My house… Mum… Kadyn… No… They ca… Can’t be gone…’ she started to sweat and rock back and forth, ignoring the pain from her stitches.

‘Everybody, outside now. Tim, you stay here.’ Gibbs ushered everyone outside.

‘Lizzie, listen to me. It may not even be them. Think how long I was clueless as to they were alive. He’s just done this to panic you, but you’re not going to let it, d’you hear me? Don’t let it.

I’m guessing that was the Marine way of comforting someone.

A/N: So i decided to carry on this book! please tell me what you think of this chapter, because i'm not sure if i like it, i might delete it. thank you my lovelies :)