Chapter 26

Lizzie POV

‘Hola, señorita. Creo que usted se estará preguntando por qué estás aquí?’

I glared at him, knowing full well he was the man Tim saw pour the chemicals down my throat. I swallowed, and flinched, just to prove my point.

‘In English, please Alex,’ Snake Eyes seemed unimpressed.

‘Of course,’ Alex replied with a smirk.

‘He’s not called Alex! His name’s Alejandro Rivera! Us and some other agents were about to go talk to him in Mexico!’ Tim cried.

I glared at him as well, considering he just gave away the one lead we had on Sean’s brother’s murder.

The evil smile dropped from Snake Eyes face.

‘Ag…Agen…Agents? Wh… Who are these two? I..I thought they were only ex-military you wanted to talk?’ his voice faltered. So much for the macho tough guy façade.

‘Yes, this one’s ex-military,’ Alejandro said, gesturing to me. ‘But this one? Even you couldn’t see him in the field, Craig,’ he smirked.

‘Anyway, these two are NCIS agents, under the command of Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs.’

Gibbs? How does he know we work with Gibbs? Then again, how does he know we’re federal agents?

‘I see you must have many questions, my dear. Let’s begin answering, shall we?’ he nodded to Craig, who meekly scurried out of the room.

He came back a moment later, interrupting the pacing that had been occupying Alejandro’s time in the short period he was gone.

Except he came back with Toby.

Toby’s eyes widened when he saw me, and just to show him how pissed off I was, I used as much saliva I had left in my dehydrated body, and spat at him.

Even though I missed, it landed on Alejandro’s expensive looking black leather shoes. Serves him right, egotistical little –

‘I think you’re wondering what your stepfather is doing here? Well, he’s going to watch you pay for your real father’s actions,’ he interrupted my little thought monologue, obviously not wanted to satisfy me with anger at his, frankly ruined, shoes.

He must have seen the confusion and shock as it flashed across my face.

‘Yes I know who he is, I’ve been monitoring Señorita Scuito’s computer for quite some time now. Imagine my surprise when Gibbs DNA came up positive in a test with the new agent,’ he smirked.

I was angry. Angry that he’d been spying on one of my best friend, angry that one of my other best friends was helping me pay the price for something my real father had apparently done to this Mexican.

‘You see,’ Alejandro continued. ‘I was the only son of a very powerful drug lord in Mexico. Yes, he had done many things, some, well, not very good things. One of these was killing a US Marine on US soil. Except, this time, a woman saw what had happened. And this woman said she would stand in a court of law, and testify against my father. Obviously he was extremely angry. This woman had to be dealt with. But she also had a daughter, and a husband who was also a Marine. Little did my father know, she was pregnant with a second daughter. So when the husband was overseas on duty, and an NIS agent was moving the woman and her daughter to a safe house, my father had a sniper shoot the NIS agent in the car, causing an accident. But my father did not want the woman to die. No, he wanted to punish her husband for encouraging her to stand up for his dead colleague. Both the woman and her daughter had amnesia from the accident, so they were taken away, to a different country, and the car was made to catch fire. The husband buried two bodies, but they were not his family. When the woman and her daughter were in their new home, away from their old one, the woman found out she was pregnant; as she had obviously forgotten. The little girl was born, and together, the woman and her new fiancé raised her. Raised you.’

I couldn’t believe it. Mum and Kadyn, used to be Gibbs’ family?

‘Of course, they weren’t called Sophia and Kadyn when they were in America, no. That would have made them too easy to find. Their names used to be Shannon and Kelly.’

And with that, he walked out.

‘Oh…my...god…’ Tim muttered under his breath.

‘Beth? Beth? Are you okay, honey?’ Toby rushed over to me.

I flinched away. Anyone who could knock me out by whacking me over the head with their bare hands, was not welcome to touch me.

‘Sweetie, I’m so sorry. When I found out this had all happened, after a young man from the army called me, and said his brother’s ex-girlfriend was being followed, and it was you, I tried to do everything I could to get to you,’ he cried.

‘Please say something, honey. The chemicals should have started to wear off, from what those two said.’

‘I trusted you. I thought you were dead,’ I tried to say, in the slightest, tiniest whisper.

A/N: sooooooo what d'ya think?

Vote comment follow! :)