Chapter 24

Lizzie POV

So, Toby locked my hands behind my back, but I felt something light and cold land in my upturned hands. As I felt it in my fingers, I recognised the shape. A key.

So maybe Toby wasn’t all bad. Maybe I’d rushed to conclusions. I just had to wait for Snake Eyes over there to go so I could unlock my hands.

Before I could properly profile the room, something hard hit me around my head. I heard Tim cry out before I blacked out.

Gibbs POV

‘What have we got?’ I said, walking into the bullpen.

‘Abby got Lizzie and McGee’s phones in their bags, so there’s no way we can trace them,’ Tony said.

‘The license plate from the SUV’s in the video came back stolen,’ Ziva continued.

‘The SUV’s?’ Tony asked.

‘No, only the license plates. They were reported stolen a few days ago from a collector in Virginia,’ Ziva replied.

‘They’re smart,’ I muttered.

‘Yeah they are,’ Tony said. ‘There were no distinguishable marks on the cars, apart from the ones from the crash, but they look like every other scratch you could find on an SUV…’

‘So we’ve got nothing,’ I said.

‘Basically-‘ Ziva started as my cell rang.

‘Yeah, Gibbs?’

‘Agent Gibbs. My name is Private First Class Dawes. We have a situation at the main gate. Your team might want to come down and check it out.’

‘Well what is it?’

‘It’s a bit hard to explain, sir. You’ll have to come and see for yourself.’

I hung up.

‘We’re needed at the main gate,’ I told my diminished team.

AT THE MAIN GATE

As we rounded the parking lot to the main gate, the barrier was broken and a black Cadillac Escalade was in the bushes.

We all recognised the SUV and jogged over. I went to talk to Private First Class Dawes.

‘Private First Class Dawes. Agent Gibbs.’ I introduced myself.

‘Good afternoon, sir. You have any idea why an unmanned SUV has just been driven into the Navy Yard?’ he asked.

‘It was used earlier today in the kidnapping of two NCIS agents,’ I told him, and walked away.

‘No personal possessions in the car, boss, but we did find dirt in the back. It’ll probably match with samples from Barnaby Woods.’ Tony told me.

‘Okay, get the car to Abby, and get back upstairs,’ I told them.

IN THE BULLPEN

‘Agent Gibbs.’ Jenny’s voice came down to the bullpen.

I made my way up to the office.

‘SecNav wants to be briefed on the kidnapping case,’ she told me in a quiet voice, not as demanding as usual.

‘Tell him I will brief him, when we get some info on my missing agents!’ I said my voice raising.

A/N: sorry it's been a while, but here you go! tell me what you think :)