Chapter 14

Lizzie POV

‘Gear up. We’re taking this case,’ Gibbs stated, getting up.

As I went to get up, Gibbs gave me a look that told me to sit back down… now.

‘Aw but Bossman! It’s just a crime scene, let me come! I can help!’ I pleaded. Again.

‘No, you’re staying here, go see Abby to wait for evidence,’ he told me.

‘Urgh,’ I emphasised, dragging myself up from the desk, towards the lift.

When I got down to Abby’s lab, she looked slightly thoughtful, and shocked as well.

As soon as she saw me, she shut her screen off and snapped around.

‘Lizzie! Gibbs still not letting you on a case?’ she said chuckling.

‘Hmph. No, apparently I’m still classed as disabled, so I’m not allowed on active duty,’ I complained.

Abby just chuckled again. I yawned, and she set me up on her futon in the back office. When I woke up again, Tim was sitting next to her.

McGee POV

I couldn’t believe this. How was he Lizzie’s father?

It didn’t make sense, it was impossible, but Abby kept reassuring me that she’d run the DNA at least four times, so there was no mistake.

To make sure, I asked Abby to run the DNA against past associates of Lizzie’s biological father.

I needed to tell Lizzie. Or should I tell her father first?

Lizzie POV

I sleepily wandered into the lab once McGee left.

‘Abbs, what’s up?’ I asked her. She was sitting with her chin in her hands, not her normal self at all.

‘I’m fine, really. Just tired,’ she smiled.

‘You? Tired?! Where’s your Caf-Pow?!’

‘Right here,’ Gibbs walked in.

‘Jesus Christ, Gibbs! Mary Holy Mother of God!’ I jumped a foot in the air.

‘I’m guessing you’re not religious, Lizzie?’ he smirked slightly.

‘Uhhh, no. How did you guess?’ I’d always been slightly cheeky with anyone who had any kind of authority over me, but they always knew I wasn’t being rude.

‘Lizzie, we need you upstairs to go through the witness statements,’ Gibbs told me and left.

‘Okay then, I guess I have to go, see ya Abbs,’ I said.

‘Bye Lizzie,’ I heard as I got into the lift.

As I exited the lift into the bullpen, Tony came in from the other side. I’m guessing it was Tim behind him but I couldn’t really see.

It wasn’t until I sat down at my desk that I noticed Tim’s arm. I must have missed it as he left Abby’s lab earlier.

‘TIMOTHY MCGEE! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO YOUR ARM?!’ I near on yelled.

‘Hey, hey calm down. Lizzie I’m fine, just a hairline fracture,’ he told me.

‘I’m sorry, Tim. I can’t stand not knowing when someone’s hurt,’ I said, hobbling over to his desk.

‘I understand, I should have told you,’ he replied, giving me a hug and resting his chin on my head.

‘Lizzie, can you and McGee come down to my lab? I need to show you something,’ Abby poked her head around the wall.

When everyone else started to get up, she said,

‘No. Just McGee and Lizzie,’ she said.

A/N: hey so i know its short but i though this was a good place to stop :)

vote comment and follow!! :)