Chapter 39

Lizzie POV

Last night was so nice, just falling asleep with Tim’s fingers playing with the ends of my hair, snuggled under miles of blankets.

This morning though, I woke up in bed. How did he manage to carry me down from the roof?

‘Merry Christmas, marsbar,’ Tim smiled as he walked in with a tray of two cups of coffee and pancakes.

‘Merry Christmas, McMuffin,’ I laughed back, feeling better after an evening away from everything and a good night’s sleep.

‘Do you want to go round to your dad’s today?’ he asked, balancing the tray on his lap as he sat on the bed next to me.

‘Yeah, I want to spend time with you guys! And Ducky’ll kill me if I don’t try this mulled wine everyone’s talking about,’ I said as Tim laughed.

 ‘Well, we’ll have breakfast first, and then we can get ready and head over,’ he said with a mouth full of pancakes.

An hour and a half later, two mugs and plates were in the sink, me and Tim were dressed and heading down to the car to spend Christmas with our family.

‘Gibbs?... Yeah, we’re on our way… About twenty minutes?... See you then…’ Tim phoned Dad whilst we were in the car, just to tell him that I was ‘feeling better’ and we’d be over soon. When we arrived, Tony opened the door, dressed in tracksuit bottoms and a fluffy reindeer Christmas jumper.

‘Well you guys took long enough! I haven’t been able to open any presents yet!’ he whined.

‘Who says?’ Tim asked.

‘Ziva,’ he mumbled. ‘You did bring presents, right?’

‘Uh yeah, otherwise you’d just make us drive back and get them!’ Tim joked.

‘Lizzie! McGee! I’m glad you’re feeling better,’ Ducky walked over and greeted me with a hug and Tim with a handshake.

‘Thank you, Ducky. Merry Christmas,’ I said, and then turned to Ziva.

‘What’s up, Ziva? Heard you’ve been treating Tony like a seven year old,’ I teased.

‘Is there any other way to treat him?’ she laughed, and I turned to Abby.

‘Hey, Abbs, sorry I didn’t come last night, didn’t feel too good,’ I said in between breaths as she suffocated me in a bone crushing hug.

‘Abby, leave her be,’ a stern, but playful voice came from the doorway to the living room.

‘Dad! I made it!’ I hugged him too.

‘Good to know. You bring the eggnog?’ he asked, deadly serious.

‘Eggnog… presents… Does everyone think I’m Santa or something?!’

Ziva POV

After we’d opened all our presents, in which included a mug with the Starbucks logo from Gibbs, who says I should drink more coffee; Abby, a black leather studded anklet; Tony, another Christmas jumper – this time a snowman; Ducky, a bow tie with a rather loud pattern; Gibbs, a boats-for-sale catalogue; McGee, a new game for his Xbox, and Lizzie, a shopping voucher, which also came with a lecture from Abby about how she should wear something other than jeans, we had our Christmas lunch.

Obviously, I do not celebrate Christmas, but it was nice to have a party with our little family.

‘I would like to raise a toast,’ Ducky said as he rose from his seat, tapping a spoon on his glass.

‘To new family, new experiences, and new relationships. Merry Christmas to you all,’ he said.

‘Merry Christmas!’ we all finished.

The meal was lovely, mostly cooked by Gibbs, who was a surprisingly good cook.

But the one thing that surprised me the most was what happened afterwards, when we’d all sat outside in the garden, bundled up under the fairy lights Abby had strung up the night before.

‘Ziva?’ I heard Tony’s voice ask from in front of me.

I gave him a questioning look; he looked incredibly nervous.

‘Ziva, I’ve known you for almost eight years now. And although we didn’t always like each other at the start, we’ve grown to be amazing friends, and something more. Over the last couple of months, I’ve started to know you better as a colleague, friend, and girlfriend, and I’ve realised just how much I love you,’ he said as he knelt down and pulled a ring box from his coat.

‘What I’m trying to say, Ziva David, is will you marry me?’

A/N: heyy so it's a bit shorter, but i hope that's okay :) sorry if the 'speech' at the end was a bit crap, but that's probably because i've never actually proposed to anyone ;) comment what you think? x