Chapter 44

Lizzie POV

Walking into the office, I noticed Dad already sitting at his desk, usual two cups of Starbucks in front of him, as seen as he now picked one up for me

‘You’re late. Need coffee?’ he grinned, standing up and hugging me when he saw me.

‘I can’t, sorry,’ it just came out, and I knew I’d have to tell him to explain myself

‘Why not? You practically have coffee in your blood,’ he joked.

‘You might want to sit down…

TWO MONTHS LATER

McGee POV

It was two months after Lizzie had told me she was having my baby. To be honest, yes, I was shocked, but once it sunk in, I couldn’t be happier. I would have wanted to propose beforehand, especially after the whole deal of having to tell Gibbs. Tony and Ziva were over the moon, and agreed that if the moment was right, I could propose at their wedding

Today was the day of Tony and Ziva’s wedding, and I was helping out Tony with Gibbs whilst Lizzie and Abby were giving Ziva a hand.

‘McGee. Navy or black tie?’ he said for the millionth time, unable to choose.

‘Tony, for the last time, me and Gibbs are wearing navy, you’re wearing black. I thought you picked these out?’

Lizzie POV

Ziva, Abby and I were standing in the honeymoon suite of the hotel Ziva and Tony were going to get married in later today. Us bridesmaids were already in our dresses, and mine had had to be altered so it didn’t stretch over my baby bump, which was already starting to show.

‘Ziva! Hurry up! I want to see your dress!’ Abby called. Ziva had been open about everything but her dress. She even let Abby pick a lot of the details. But the dress was her secret.

‘I’ll be out in a minute, Abby! Let me just put on the necklace!’ Ziva called back, and a moment later we heard the bathroom door unlock, and Ziva stepped out.

Her dress was full length, with a mermaid train. The sweetheart neckline looked gorgeous, and the rest of her chest and arms were covered in detailed white lace. The skirt was patterned with lace vines and leaves, much like mine and Abby’s, whereas these ones blended in with the skirt instead of contrasting.

Abby was about to squeal something, I’m sure, when a knock at the door broke her from the thoughts.

‘I’ve got it,’ I smiled at Ziva, heading out of the bedroom to see who was there.

‘Ducky? What are you doing here?’ I was surprised to see him.

‘Ziva asked me to walk her down the aisle, as her own father could not be here,’ he smiled. He looked dashing in his navy suit and bow tie.

‘Ziva! Ducky’s here!’ I called out.

‘And must I say, my dear, that dress looks beautiful, and you get to show off your little one!’ he smiled wider.

‘Thanks, Ducky,’ he was so sweet, so much like a grandfather.

‘Ah, Ducky, thank you so much for agreeing to do this,’ Ziva said as she walked in and  kissed both his cheeks.

‘It is my pleasure, Ziva. And you do look stunning like that,’ he said, holding her at arm’s length.

‘Shall we go?’ Abby (very nearly) squealed.

The service was lovely, with both aspects of a Jewish wedding and Tony’s non-religious views. For example, they had a registrar, but the vows were said under the canopy (it was held outside in the hotel’s gardens).

Before we knew it, the speeches, dinner, and toasts were all over and done with, and the band starting playing, and everyone started dancing.

‘Ziva! You need to throw the bouquet!’ Abby shouted through the microphone. ‘All the girls, onto the dance floor!'

We all made our way onto the wooden flooring in the middle of the huge white tent that the reception was in, and Ziva climbed onto the stage as the lead singer in the band started the countdown. The moment he reached one, Ziva launched the flowers as high as she could…

and they landed right in my hands.

Before I knew it, everyone was staring at me, and Tony, Ziva, Abby, Ducky and Dad were grinning away as Tim made his way over to me and held my hands.

‘We’ve known each other for a long time, and been together for quite a few months now. I hope you know how much you mean to me, and how much I love you,’ he knelt down. ‘I want to wake up to you every morning, and I want to grow old with you. I want to live a long and happy life with you. Every day I spend with you is special, and I want that always. I want to make you feel as special as you are. So, Lizzie Marsden-Gibbs, will you do me the massive honour, of marrying me?’ he had tears in his eyes and struggled to finish his beautiful speech.

‘Oh my god,’ I put my hand to my mouth. ‘Yes! Yes, yes, yes!’

He got up and put the ring on my finger, and kissed me. The ring was gorgeous, a single diamond surrounded by tiny silver and black leaves.

Everyone cheered, and came and congratulated us, as well as on the baby, which Abby apparently had to let everyone know about, again over the microphone.

A/N: yay! happy happy happy! comment what you think :)