Chapter 12

Lizzie’s POV

That night, everyone left me to rest.

Gibbs and Tim were adamant that they were going to stay, but after I had a word with the Director, they seemed okay with it.

Now I could put my plan into action.

I was on crutches, but I'd gotten pretty fast on them, so it shouldn't be a problem. 

It was around 2200 hours, and the ward nurse had done her last round at about 2150.

I had 5 minutes to get out of my room and past the nurses station. Earlier on, I’d been practicing walking as fast as possible on my crutches, even though the physiotherapist told me not to.

I’m a marine, tough as nails, me.

My plan was to close the blinds of my room, get changed and put a cap on so no one could see it was me. I would grab the rest of my stuff, get out of the hospital and grab a taxi cab to my apartment.

I also needed to call my mum and Kadyn.

I’d already got changed, and my stuff was packed. It was also fairly windy outside, so I decided to try my luck and call Mum in the hospital café downstairs.

I had some money, and I hadn’t eaten in about three hours, so I needed to keep my strength up.

Yeah, the café seemed like an ideal place.

With my duffel bag over my shoulder, I looked outside my door. No-one was there.

The stairs would be too tricky, so I had to take the lift, and just hope no-one heard.

Once I got to the ground floor, I headed straight for the café. Considering it was fairly late, there weren’t many people there.

I got out my phone, and dialled my mother’s number.

‘Hello?’

‘Mum? It’s me,’ I answered.

‘Lizzie! How are you! We haven’t spoken in weeks!’

‘Yeah, Mum. There’s a reason for that. I was, um, inacoma.’ I mumbled the last part, not wanting to alarm her. I told Gibbs not to call her, I wanted to tell her myself.

‘What was that?’

‘I was in a coma…’

‘WHAT?! LIZZiE! Why didn’t anyone call me?’

‘Mum, when I started at NCIS, I didn’t want to put you through the same thing that happened with Toby, so if anything happened, it was put on my file that, either I would tell you, or the director would call after, you know…’

‘Oh Lizzie, you are so… independent. But did you not think I would want to know, and see you?’

‘I know, Mum. I’m leaving the hospital now, so I’ll call you back when I get home? I need food!’

‘Okay, I’ll speak to you later, and you can talk to Kadyn as well.’

‘Love you, bye.’

Well, that actually went better than I thought it would.

McGee POV

I had a theory.

It was probably nothing, but they were so similar, I had to find out if it was true.

But first, I needed to talk to Lizzie.

I’d already spoken to Abby, and she seemed to agree, she just needed some DNA.

As I entered the hospital, a tall girl around my age was walking out, she was on crutches, but managing just fine.

But slowly, she started to stumble and collapse, and I just managed to catch her arm as she fainted.

As she fell, her hoodie slipped and her cap fell off.

‘Lizzie?’

Why is she here?! She’s meant to be on the ward, recovering!

‘Nurse?! Someone? I shouted.

A stretcher was brought down to get her back upstairs.

When I tried to get in the lift with them, they wouldn’t let me.

But I flashed my badge and let them know she was an agent too.

Once we were back in her room, it took around an hour for her to wake up.

I hadn’t called anyone yet, and I wasn’t planning to.

I needed to talk to Lizzie alone, to tell her the truth.

When she woke up, or started to, she seemed to have had a dream about her stepdad.

‘Dad? Mum? Mum, he’s hurt, what happened?’

‘Lizzie, he’s not your dad. Lizzie, it’s me. You need to listen to this.’

‘Tim, he was the only person I knew, who even remotely acted like a dad,’ she told me.

‘Lizzie, he’s not your biological dad. But I think I know who is..’

A/N: hey people, i'm so sorry i havent updated, but i've had laryngitis and a cold at the same time, so i've been sleeping most of this week :) and i know this one's short, but hopefully there's enough in there for you to enjoy :D

vote comment follow pleasse :) x