Father

James POV

8 hours later

"Sir you can't move pass this yellow..." the officer stops talking looking at my ranking as I was in my army jacket with my rank on it. "Sorry Sergant." He says stepping aside as I push the yellow tape up as I step in the house I used to live in. The door had been kicked in but I could tell who ever kicked it was quick and silent. A Bloody hand print was left on the wall and door knob, someone escaped. I go upstairs to see blood trails on the carpet Big drops of red dread from each other. I go into a pink room and I immediately realized it was my daughters. "Officer, where are the two women that were here when this happened." I asked as he closed the drawer and the closet before approaching me. "I'm sorry sir. Who are you? You do not have permission to b..." I grab him by his collar slamming him down on the carpet as he gasped for air as I held him still.

"This is my daughters room you asshole." I growl in between my teeth my eyes burning for a reason to snap his neck. "Police station." He said before passing out unconscious. "Deputy Barnes!" The guy from outside said walking up with his hand on his gun ready to draw as I quickly grab a Jordan shoe tossing it at his head. He moves his hands to his face holding his nose as i sprint towards him tackling him down as he falls on his head knocking himself out. I walk out and hop back in my car driving to the nearest police station.

I'm here now as I park my car in the parking lot. I get out the car walking into the police station I see people up and walking, the secretary is busy with on and off calls. I approach her as she extends her finger signaling me to wait as I stay put. I wait for at least fifteen minutes before I walk off and walk around to find Shayla and my daughter. Damn. I haven't seen my daughter since she was three.  I hope she understands that I was in the army and that Shayla wouldn't let me see her because I didn't want to be with her. I finally come across a interrogation room where I here screaming. The scream sounded familiar as I open the door barging in. Shayla was getting arrested and my daughter was frozen scared. Well damn, she's all grown up looking like her mother with some of my features.

"Dad?" She says in shock but with relief as I look at the officers as I close the door behind me. "Sir you have no business being Back here." The Officer said as I step forward taking my jacket off. "Your hurting her." I say as he loosened his grip releasing Shayla as the cuffs are still attached to her wrist. "Why are you arresting her she had every right to kill those boys. They were invading her house." I say as he slams his fist on the table. "God dammit. I'm not arresting her for protecting her home. I'm arresting her for assaulting a officer after confronting her about the murder." He says as I look at Shayla with disbelief.

Her eyes look lost and she looked sick as I can tell the killings are too much for her to deal with. "Can I talk to her? She's the mother of my child." I ask as the officer nods his head and leaves the room and so does the other one. "DAD!" Indy says running up to me and hugging me tightly as I hold back tears filling up my eyes. "Indy." She doesn't let go as i loosen the hug so I sit there with her and my arms until I finally hear her crying softly. "Hey Lul one wha you crying for? I'm here now." I tell her as she looks at me smiling before wiping her eyes.

Shayla looks at me with this look of distance as if she isn't sure if any of this is real. "Hold on Indy. Let me talk to your mother." I tell her kissing her on her forehead as I walk over to Shayla. "James. I don't see how you did it. I don't see how you could continually do it after you did it." She says shaking her head tears falling from her eyes. "Shayla I love you. I always have. And I always will. What you did was unacceptable. You assaulted that officer for what?" I ask as she looks at me with Ice in her eyes as I step back. "Are you okay?" I ask her as she starts shaking. She starts laughing uncontrollably sending shivers down my body as i look at her puzzled.

She sits down in the chair and continues to laugh insanely each laugh getting more toxic than the last. "Come on Indy. Let's go." I tell my daughter as she looks at me unsure as I grab my jacket. She looks at her mom as she nods at me as we walk back to my car. "Is she going to be okay?" She asks me as I nod my head no. As I approach my car a tall slim brown skin boy was sitting on the hood of my charger. "Na'shawn?" Indy says backing up looking afraid the fear in her eyes as I move forward sizing him down. "I finally get to meet you." He says walking up to me looking me in my eyes before turning around and walking down the street not looking back once.

"That's yo boyfriend?" I ask my daughter looking her in her face as she watches him walk the streets. "Ex." She says as we get in the car. "Where we going." Indy asks me texting on her phone as I look in my rear view mirror. "Home. I want you to meet my wife and your sister." I tell her as she sighs to herself. "Excuse me?" I say as she rolls her eyes slightly. "Where have you been?" Indy says putting her phone in her purse as she frowns at me. "Army." I say as she looks at my rank on my jacket. "Was it worth it?" She asks as I look at her seeing the pain in her eyes as I turn my attention back on the road. "No." I say as we both don't say anything after that continuing the drive back to California.