Retribution

2 months ago

Destiny POV

I get off from work as I clock out feeling exhausted. As I'm walking to my car I get this sick feeling like something is wrong. I call Diego hoping he answers his phone but no response. I call Na'shawn too but his phone went straight to voicemail. I start to feel worry to take over my body as I rush to my car. I opened my car door as I speed to my house as I could feel something I was wrong. Normally Diego would call me once it was 10:00 and now it was 10:35.

I pulled up to my house as police were outside with body bags over the ground. I hesitated to get out of the car as the worst was running through my mind. I worked hard to keep these boys out of trouble. There's no way Diego is dead right now, it can't be.

I get out of the car as I walk to the officers as they hold up there hand stopping me. "Ma'am please leave." He told me as I shake my head no. "I live here. What happened?" I asked him as he takes off his hat scratching his head. "Three males. Shot dead." He told me as I started to breath hard getting nervous. "Can I see their faces... I have to know if it's my son and nephew." I tell the officer as he takes a deep sigh before stepping aside.

He zips down one of the Boys who looked familiar but i didn't recognized him. The officer notices I didn't react as he moves to the other bodies. He unzips the body as Na'shawn's face was barely recognizable. "No." I said faintly as the officer pats me on my shoulder. "Yours boy?" He asked me as I shake my head no. "He was my brothers son. I promised to look after him when he died." I told him as he proceeds to show me the next body.

Please just be some one else.

Not my baby boy.

The body was unzipped and revealed my son. Diego. I bite my lip holding my anger as I take a deep breath trying to remain calm. I move past the officers as I step into my house. Tears falling down my face as I try to keep my emotions in tact. James couldn't have did this. He was still in the hospital. Minutes went by and the officers and ambulances were gone. Na'shawn and Diego were gone.

I told Na'shawn to let it go. To leave James alone.

But he just wouldn't listen to me.

I wanted to change my life and escape murder.

But now, I'll kill them all.

I sit down on the couch as Bonita walks out of her room and has pain in her eyes. My daughter stares at me as she was only 16. I made sure she lived a good life and didn't get involved into her brothers shit. As long as Na'shawn was around Diego was going to follow his lead. "Mom." Bonita says sounding drained, I could tell she had been crying. She looked like a younger me. Her father had to be James... but we don't talk, and after tonight there's nothing to talk about. We never got a dna test because I'm all she needs.

"I seen who did it." Bonita tells me as I look at her with seriousness. "His wife." She tells me as I was confused on what she was talking about. "You said my father was James... you said it was a possibility that he was my father. So I looked him up and I recognized his wife from his pictures with her. I heard the gunshots and I looked out the window to see her kill Na'shawn." She tells me as I take a deep breath still crying over my sons death.

Nina.

I'll kill you.

5 months later

Nina POV

I roll James down the hospital hallways as he was in a wheelchair. His body was still healing from being shot as I had to take care of him. He felt like a burden on me but I just didn't want to lose him ever again. "This sucks." He tells me as he looks embarrassed as we pass people. "This isn't embarrassing. Your lucky to be alive." I tell him as he gives me a weak smile. "Where's Cali and Indy?" He asked me as they were at school. "There getting ready for graduation. You know Cali and Indy are both seniors remember?" I asked him as he looked confused. Poor James.

If I didn't kill Na'shawn, James would've went looking for him and killed him anyway.

I saved him the trouble.

As we make it to the exit doors a woman stands in our way as James was looking at his feet. She was thick with straight hair. Her ethnicity had to be foreign as James started to look up at her. He looks like he's seen a ghost as she stands right in front of us. "Excuse me. Your in our way." I told the woman as she reaches into her bra pulling out a gun. She lifts her 40 caliber as I stare at her with confusion.

Who was this?

"Destiny don't." James told her as she takes a deep breath not looking at him but me. "It's not easy for a mother to bury her own child." She tells me as my mind immediately wonders back to Na'shawn and Diego. Security rushes towards Destiny as she proceeds to fire shots at the men. The men drop dead as I roll James out of the way of fire. "NINA!" Destiny screams as she starts to fire shots at me but misses continuously. "Nina... don't kill her." James told me as I was confused on what he was saying.

"But... she'll kill us." I warned him as I continued to push the wheelchair and run through the hospital. We turn left as Destiny was far behind now as I took us to a room to talk. Destiny was outside the hallways shooting people and dropping clips after clips. "James. I have to stop her. It's my job." I tell him as he looks at me with painful eyes.

"I had a dream that I killed her... I had a son... and he died. I know she was pregnant with my child the last time I seen her. It has to be mine." James told me as I look at him puzzled and stuck. I don't know what to say. "She's not going to stop until one of us dies." I explained to him as he sighs hard. "Fuck. I'm tired of killing people Nina. It's stressful and I can't sleep. That dream fucked my whole mind up. I thought Shayla was dead. That broke me inside. Then I lost you too. I don't want to lose anymore. This is pointless." James told me as I sighed to myself before dropping my Nine on the floor.

"No more killing." He said as I nod my head at him as Destiny walks into the room staring us down. "No more killing." I tell them both as Destiny had a demon in her as she was blinded by rage. "Both of you die right here." She told us as she pointed the gun at James first. "Destiny. Before you pull that trigger. I need to know if I have a son by you." James said to her as she huffs to herself. "You have a daughter. Bonita. But that doesn't matter James. You weren't here for her, and you will never be." She told James as he stares down the barrel.

"I'm sorry Destiny." I tell her as she rolls her eyes at me. "You killed my son. My baby boy." She tells me as she starts to shake getting aggravated. "You took my heart. Now I'll take yours." She stated as she pulls the trigger as my heart skips a beat. Click. Click. Click. Destiny was out of bullets as i cock my fist back and punch her in her nose. Blood starts to drip down her nose as she looks at me with hate. She slaps me with the gun as I stumbled back. I fall on my ass as James immediately tried to get up but fell.

"Destiny stop! Just leave! The police will kill you!" He tries to warn her as she kicks him in his face. "I don't need a gun to kill you. I'll kill you both with my barehands!" Destiny snapped as she charges at me wrapping her hand around my throat. James starts to crawl over to me as she continues to choke me as I grab her hands trying to pry them off. My breath shortening as her eyes were staring into mine. I tried to kick her off as she slammed her knee down on mine. Her weight pressed up against mine as I couldn't move. This was it.

POW! POW!

Her body drops on me as blood was on my face as I felt disgusted. I push her body off of me as she was dead and gone. Oh no. James looks up at the door as Shayla had killed Destiny. "SHAYLA! What the fuck!" James snapped at her as Shayla looks at me worried completely ignoring James. "Nina are you okay?" She asked me as I nod at her unsurely as she kneels down helping me up. "She had a daughter." James said almost whispering as I go to help him get back in his wheelchair as he looks down at the freshly dead body. The police rush into the room as I pull out my badge as they look at all three of us.

James looked at Shayla and me with disbelief as Shayla hugs me tightly. Ever since James had been hospitalized I took her out that mental asylum. I know what it's like to be isolated like a prisoner. So I took her in to live with us while James was fighting for his life. I had got my best friend back. And I knew she wouldn't let me leave her ever again. She saved me. The officers check Destiny's body as James sighed heavily. He was upset.

I'm sorry James. She had to die.