After you

Nina POV

"It's not easy for a father to bury his own child." Matthew says as I get surrounded by men. They all hold assault rifles as I gather each face into my eyes. "You can do this somewhere else." Cat's mother says as Matthew looks at her daughter. He looks at me as I look at Cat signaling him to leave. "You can't escape." He said as he locked the door pulling out his pistol. "Even if it means a few casualties." He ruthlessly aims the pistol at Cat whose in a coma. I jump In the way before he could fire. "You'll die too." He says pulling the trigger as Catherine's mother pushes me out of the way. The bullet hits her in her shoulder as she stumbles her way to sit down.

"She has nothing to do with this." I tell him as he focus his attention back to me. "I don't care." He aims his gun at Cat as I lift my gun up shooting at him. The shot missed as his men aimed their rifles at me waiting for the word. "You gone get put in a body bag." He tells me as he holds his hand up about to give the signal. My daughter flashes through my mind as I was thinking of ways to get out of this. "Wait!" I say trying to stall time as he looks at me unamused as I pull out the tear gas James gave me as I pulled the pin. I drop the gas as the room filled up with smoke as everyone started coughing and groaning. I ran towards the window as the smoke started to disappear. I open up the window as I look down seeing it was a long drop. "KILL HER!" Matthew screams as I take my chances and jump out the building.

I free fall as they continue to shoot at me missing every shot. I turn around mid air closing my left eye as I lock my shot and shoots Matthew in his shoulder. Boom. I'm dead. Wait I'm alive. I look around my surroundings as I landed in hay. The hay soften my fall as I play dead as the truck pulls off. They continued to look down on me as I lay stiff. Soon they walk away once the car was out of distance. Holy shit I survived that. My leg starts to finally feel pain as I realized it's broken. But I'm still alive so that's all that matters right now.

Cali POV

I go upstairs as Indy talks to our great grandparents. They talk about how she used to be tiny as a baby and that they missed her. Indy seem to be getting her mind off things as I go upstairs. I wanted to get some rest it's been a long couple of months. I lay down closing my eyes as mom and dad was in my mind. I hope they're okay.

Two days later

James POV

I walk in the house as Nina sits on the couch with a cask on her leg. "Where have you been." She says coldly as I go to sit next to her on the couch. "Where are the kids?" She asks me as I just want to clear my mind for a minute. "I took them to Texas." I tell her as she looks at me angrily. "Without my say so." She says as I just sit there calming my mind. "He killed Jr." I say as she looks at me with a serious face. "What? Are the girls okay." She asked as I nod my head yes. "Shit James." She says before rubbing her hands in her in head. "What are you going to do?" She asked as a knock on the front door banged loud.

Nina goes to open the door as her gun is drawn as she's ready to execute. She opens the door to reveal her boss Bryan. "Hey Nina." He says as he looks at me waving. I don't wave back because I'm study his body language. Him and Nina talk as he's asking her about the situation we're going through. She doesn't notice as he's moving his arms a lot and tapping his left foot. He's nervous as he keeps looking back at me. I stand up as I walk towards Nina as he starts sweating now. "Nina." I say as she nods her head sighing to herself. "James." She says as I grab her gun from her waist as she knows she would hesitate to shoot him.

He looks at us as he reaches for his gun as I point the pistol at him stopping him from drawing it out. "Bryan what are you doing?" Nina asked him with hurt in her voice. "Nina. I'm not here for you." He tells her as he looks at me with desperation in his eyes. "Stand down. Your under arrest for massacre." He tells me as he breaths heavy with his gun drawn on me, as Nina was panicking. "Bryan stop this!" She tells him but he's too focused on me. "How many of you are out there?" I asked him as he looks at Nina.

"Just me." He says as I shoot him in his foot causing him to drop the gun and grabbing his foot. "Mother FUCKER!" He screams as I give Nina back her gun as he whines about being shot. "You should've knew better coming here alone." I told him as he smirks at me nodding his head. "You tough bastard." He says as I turn around hearing a gunshot. POW. His body drops as Nina drops her gun looking at me with hurt in her eyes. I look at his hand as he was about to shoot me while I wasn't looking. "This bounty shit is getting out of hand." I tell her as she shuts the door as I walk up towards her. "We can't trust anybody." I tell her as she nods her head at me.

Screeeechhhh.

I hear sirens and cars pulling up in the driveway as I take a deep breath. I look at Nina as she wasn't holding onto reality anymore. "Nina go upstairs." I tell her as she tiredly walks upstairs. "Open up!" A officer outside the door says as I say a small prayer to god as I walk to the couch. I lift the couch up grabbing a ak-47 as I pop the stock out making sure I had ammo. It was about to get ugly.